WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I stumbled upon a kind of mystery brand from Switzerland, CHRONOMETRE SIXTA. As far as I can tell the watchmaker was Attilio Cossali, originating from Cremona Italy. He apparently is also listed as an anarchist. An anarchistic watchmaker would be something special! :)
He has been working in Neuchatel and Chaux le Fonds in Switzerland and has presumably only produced a limited number of watches. A somewhat bigger sized chronograph has been sold at Sotheby's recently, but otherwise I can hardly find anything on the market.

I have uploaded two pictures of my specimen, a 22 mm golden ladies watch, my guess would be ca. 1905-1915. Nice dark blue hands and otherwise in a beautiful condition. Haven opened the little gem yet...

Any info would be welcome....
thnx in advance,
Hilzz

Attachments

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,042 Posts
Welcome to Watchuseek! It's a nice looking watch but I'm afraid that, as you have hinted yourself already, we won't be able to say much until we see the movement.

Hartmut Richter

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,797 Posts
Given the mainspring spacer, the case may not be original to the movement. That said the case works with the dial. I would date it a decade newer than you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Given the mainspring spacer, the case may not be original to the movement. That said the case works with the dial. I would date it a decade newer than you.
Thanx Mirius.... so that would like mid-twenties or so....? Could fit with the movement if it is like Hartmut proposes a ETA 406. I'll have a close look!
Still curious about the brand itself...:)

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,797 Posts
Thanx Mirius.... so that would like mid-twenties or so....? Could fit with the movement if it is like Hartmut proposes a ETA 406. I'll have a close look!
Still curious about the brand itself...:)
Telephone dial and the scalloped case. Yes, 1920’s but not too late as it is a cylinder escapement which uses a pocket watch case fixing system. But I still doubt the case is original even if similar date, unless there is a good explanation for it being designed for a bigger movement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts