WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been told that most chronos cannot be used underwater. i was told that the Omega Planet Ocean Chrono works underwater.

what other chrono models are you CERTAIN that work under? thanks for your help and pictures.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Here is a little bit more information, that I posted on another similar thread a while back:

Some chronographs come with screw down pushers to stop them being pressed underwater, however remain water resistant even when unlocked.

The watches ( further to HappyJacks post ) that immediately come to mind are the Breitling Avenger Seawolf Chrono and the IWC Aquatimer Chrono.

For the more technically minded here, here is how the Breitlings pushers work:

Divers can use the stopwatch to time the time on the bottom, or time the decompression stops.
Other watches that are operable are the PO (that you mentioned), Sinn U-1000, Tag Aquatimer, Omega SMP Chrono.

cheers,
Jake.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Breitling holds the record here ... their seawolf chrono is operable to 1000 m underwater thanks to an innovative technology that uses a magnetic mechanism for activating pushers. Sinn U-1000 draws an equal too.

Cheers,

nishant

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
The best dive chrono on the market...

IMO, naturally:

Not only are the pushers good for 1000M, but each U1000 is individually tested and certified to be operable at that depth before it winds up on someone's wrist. Pile this on top of Sinn's Dry-Hold technology (inert argon gas-filled case w/four copper sulfate capsules), a modified 7750 w/60-minute counter, a push-to-turn bezel, and of course, a fully Tegimented submarine steel case (corrosion-resistant and completely amagnetic) and you've got yourself one badass dive chrono.

Honorable mentions go to the JLC MCDC and UTS 600M, both of which can be used underwater, though not to their maximum depths.

Regards,
Adam

Reactions: Anatoly

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Re: The best dive chrono on the market...

love that watch.

IMO, naturally:

Not only are the pushers good for 1000M, but each U1000 is individually tested and certified to be operable at that depth before it winds up on someone's wrist. Pile this on top of Sinn's Dry-Hold technology (inert argon gas-filled case w/four copper sulfate capsules), a modified 7750 w/60-minute counter, a push-to-turn bezel, and of course, a fully Tegimented submarine steel case (corrosion-resistant and completely amagnetic) and you've got yourself one badass dive chrono.

Honorable mentions go to the JLC MCDC and UTS 600M, both of which can be used underwater, though not to their maximum depths.

Regards,
Adam

·
Banned
3,758 Posts
Where did you get this info? The AT chrono has a depth rating of 120m and IWC state that the pushers can be used to the rated depth...
This is what a local AD told me after they called the IWC rep. Perhaps they misquoted it, where did you read about the rating? I have a large IWC magazine / catalog and it just says that the "The watch is water-resistant to 12 bar." It does not say anything about pusher operation but I suppose that it could be inferred that this is the case.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
This is what a local AD told me after they called the IWC rep. Perhaps they misquoted it, where did you read about the rating? I have a large IWC magazine / catalog and it just says that the "The watch is water-resistant to 12 bar." It does not say anything about pusher operation but I suppose that it could be inferred that this is the case.
IWC confirmed the pushers work to its stated depth of 120m on IWC's official forum on its website.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts