WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
I was considering buying an Aerospace with the new B79 SQ, Thermoline quartz movement. I went to an AD to try it on in person, the problem is I cannot get over the fact that it is titanium, and I really am not a titanium guy, so I siad to myself. forget the Aerospace dream and focus on a B1.

Then I ran across this Breitling Stainless Steel Chronospace. The problem with this one is it houses the B56 which is not what I want. Here is a pic.

Can I swap the the B56 Quartz movemenbt in this watch for the new B79 SQ Thermoline?

I would even settle for a COSC certified B65 if the swap is possible.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Charles...

·
Registered
880 Posts
It sounds like a weird plan to me to swap the movement. Why don't you focus on the B-1 and forget the alternatives?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where you gonna get the superquartz movement from? Weird plan.
I know its weird. but is it possible.

Maybe easier to get a COSC B65

I will have to buy one Aerospace with a banged up case or otherwise just for the movemnt.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Charles, is the B56 movement really that bad? Am I correct in saying that the B56 and the B65 are both the ETA 988.332 movement? The B56 movement was also fitted to the early Emergency models. I 'm surprised that Breitling would risked their, then, new flagship "life saver" with what you appear to be saying is a cheap, inferior movement.

I thought all the movements were fairly cheap items to start with and Breitling (and all the other watch makers that bought in their movements) then worked thier magic on them to improve their accuracy. That is until recently with Breitling making their first "in house" movement, the 01.

Oh.......just on the Chuck Norris thing Charles,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqxnhmeMdJ4

You see, I was more a Buce man myself.;-)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Charles, is the B56 movement really that bad? Am I correct in saying that the B56 and the B65 are both the ETA 988.332 movement? The B56 movement was also fitted to the early Emergency models. I 'm surprised that Breitling would risked their, then, new flagship "life saver" with what you appear to be saying is a cheap, inferior movement.

I thought all the movements were fairly cheap items to start with and Breitling (and all the other watch makers that bought in their movements) then worked thier magic on them to improve their accuracy. That is until recently with Breitling making their first "in house" movement, the 01.

Oh.......just on the Chuck Norris thing Charles,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqxnhmeMdJ4

You see, I was more a Buce man myself.;-)
Whoa, I did not mean to demean any watches or movts. The B56 is a fime movt. The B65 is also and the COSC B65 is even better. But the SQ is what I am after. if I am going to spend over $2k on a quartz I want it to be the best.

I have deceided to either get a COSC Seawolf Auto.

or a B1 or Airwolf with a SQ. Maybe both over the next year.

The original emergency did have the ETA 988.xxx.

The Breitling Jupiter had a Miyota Quartz movement and I am sure that it kept time perectly as well. I am just trying to get an uber accurate quartz powered breitling.

Oh yeah, and the Chuck Norris facts in my signature are 100% sarcasm.

i think they are very funny. go to www.chucknorrisfacts.com

and read some, youll be on the floor with laughter.

bruce Lee will always be king. Not to many will argue that....

Jet Li aint to shabby.....

cheers.......

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Whoa, I did not mean to demean any watches or movts. The B56 is a fime movt. The B65 is also and the COSC B65 is even better. But the SQ is what I am after. if I am going to spend over $2k on a quartz I want it to be the best.

I have deceided to either get a COSC Seawolf Auto.

or a B1 or Airwolf with a SQ. Maybe both over the next year.

The original emergency did have the ETA 988.xxx.

The Breitling Jupiter had a Miyota Quartz movement and I am sure that it kept time perectly as well. I am just trying to get an uber accurate quartz powered breitling.

Oh yeah, and the Chuck Norris facts in my signature are 100% sarcasm.

i think they are very funny. go to www.chucknorrisfacts.com

and read some, youll be on the floor with laughter.

bruce Lee will always be king. Not to many will argue that....

Jet Li aint to shabby.....

cheers.......

I think the window sizes are different. Could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
BUSA replaces the old style Aerospace/Navitimer movements with the superquartz movement (prior to Avantage) when they're in for service. I've had two done this way. I imagine it would work the same way for the Chronospace since they're the same internally.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts