WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For sale is my Chronoswiss Kairos CH2823. It was purchased from Roman Times, Las Vegas in December of 2001. Besides the purchase date stamped on the card, you can tell that this is an early model because they came in a high gloss piano finish, push button release, wooden box rather than the cheap metal boxes that later sold with this watch. This version was also sold with a deployant clasp, which was a fairly rare practice. Chronoswiss, like many other brands (looking at you JLC), will cut costs by replacing the more expensive deployant with a standard pin buckle.

The watch is 38mm but it wears slightly larger due to the 48mm measurement from lug to lug. It is very thin at just 10mm. The lug width is a standard 20mm. It will come on the original Chronoswiss dark brown alligator strap with deployant as photographed. The strap is broken in and very comfortable. It still has some life left but I will leave the decision to change it out up to the buyer. The things that made this watch stand out for me are the Breguet style blued hands and officer lugs, guilloche silver dial, coin edge bezel, and onion crown. The display back shows off the ETA 2892-2 with a Chronoswiss custom rotor. The watch is 30m water resistant. I joked and called this my poor man's Breguet because the design elements are so similar. This is a full set with the outer green box, inner wooden box, and stamped cards: warranty card, certificate, guarantee, and dealer list.

I am the second owner of this watch. I purchased it from the original owner back in February of 2019. I have not had the watch serviced since I purchased it. I was told from the original owner that it was serviced in 2015, however, there is no receipt from this service. The watch keeps time and the quickset date functions as it should. I do not have a timegrapher to measure the accuracy or amplitude so my best estimate by referencing with the atomic clock is that it runs about 15 seconds slow in a 24 hour period.

It is in fantastic condition and I hope the photos highlight that. Many of these on eBay have suffered dial damage, cracking crystals, severe scratching, and there is even one up now that has been put in a different case all together. The only cosmetic flaws I can find on this watch are a few hairline scratches on the clasp and one "deeper" scratch between the lugs at 6 o'clock. That scratch hides under the coin edge bezel and is very hard to see without the perfect angle (please look at photos as I tried to highlight this while the strap was off). I have included a wrist shot of my 7.25" wrist to give you an idea of how it wears.

These originally sold for over $4k from authorized dealers. Most used sales on eBay fall between $1k and $2k depending on condition/box/papers. Chrono24 has them listed for $1.3-$2k but usually add shipping costs from overseas and can come with customs charges. I am offering this watch for $1,750 and will cover all shipping and insurance costs inside the continental USA. I can ship outside the US but would ask that you cover the charges. Thanks for looking!

John

Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Fashion accessory Jewellery Clock Watch Quartz clock Home accessories Watch accessory Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Fashion accessory Jewellery Ring Fashion accessory Titanium ring Jewellery Engagement ring Ring Fashion accessory Jewellery Metal Engagement ring Ring Fashion accessory Jewellery Metal Ring Tree Fashion accessory Table Engagement ring Watch accessory Watch Fashion accessory Leather Analog watch Fashion accessory Leather Watch Analog watch Wrist Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wallet Fashion accessory

1 - 5 of 5 Posts