WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Chronoswiss regulateur and had to return it because the rotor was sticking. For a company that declares that quality is its main focus, I must say I expected far more from this watch that cost me quite a few pennies. Chronoswiss quality = <|

·
Moderator at Large
53,182 Posts
I just bought a Chronoswiss regulateur and had to return it because the rotor was sticking. For a company that declares that quality is its main focus, I must say I expected far more from this watch that cost me quite a few pennies. Chronoswiss quality = <|
It is not the quality it is a lack of QC. The AD did not check either ?

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
So throw a whole brand under the bus because of one issue with one watch? :-s

I once had a recurring issue on a Corvette I worked on - the battery used to die overnight. Chevrolet quality = <|

Just to clarify, Chronoswiss uses an ETA 2892 for most of their watches, so I guess Swatch quality = <| also.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
It happenens.
The Dial on my JLC Day Moon started peeling after 1.5 year.

JLC <| ?

No, just bad luck.

·
Registered
351 Posts
There are numerous reasons for your problem. You don't say if the watch was bought new from an authorized dealer so I'll assume this is the case. It's possible that the watch had been sitting in the dealer's case for a few years and the lubricants had dried out. Or it may have been dropped by a potential buyer. If the watch was brand new, ordered by the dealer for you then it's an abberation and these things happen once in a while. However, I've owned a Regulateur, Delphis, Lunar Chrono and currently own a Kairos. All have run without issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was bought brand new and was just ordered in (never in anyone else's hand), so I guess just bad luck. Mind you, the point is really that a final 1 min. check would have caught this. And from such a company, you would expect such quality measures.

·
Moderator at Large
53,182 Posts
It was bought brand new and was just ordered in (never in anyone else's hand), so I guess just bad luck. Mind you, the point is really that a final 1 min. check would have caught this. And from such a company, you would expect such quality measures.
Gerd-Rüdiger Lang and his daughter will take care, I am sure of that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts