WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
225 Posts
Great to see you are restoring one of these 31j :) They are hard to find, and I'm interested in whether there were any dial variations, or whether the ones I have seen are in different stages of fading. For example, the colours on the borders of the sub-dials. On yours they are yellow all round, whilst on mine there is orange on one side:

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Maybe the dial codes will help determine the answer - mine is 901204 - is that the same as yours?

Looking forward to more pics as your restoration progresses,

Stephen

· Registered
225 Posts
Stephen, 901142 is the dial code for this one.
It appears your on to something.
I have read, and i say that loosely, that this model also came with a black dial. I looked at the picture shown of that watch and it looks like another Citizen chronograph 8110a model in a 67-9151 case. I'll let that be up for debate later. Back to the resto. 31
Thanks for the info 31j - that fills in a bit of missing info for the page on my blog :) Looks like there were two variants - yours with a case code of 4-901142, and dial code of 901142, and mine with case code of 4-901118 and dial code of 901204.

I don't believe these were made with black dials - the one you have seen sounds like a 67-9151 case with a dial from a 67-9178, like the one on this pic (it should have second markers round the edge of the dial, they have been painted out at some stage):

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Stephen

· Registered
225 Posts
Hi Wysanz,
I've been exchanging information with 31 Jewels about Citizen's vintage chronographs, including the 67-9151 he's restoring at the moment. I have one of these and the case number is 4-901118, whilst Brian's is 4-901142. Both of ours have dial codes of 901204, which I think is the same as yours. Would you be kind enough to confirm the numbers on yours? This would be helpful to Brian and for my blog, where I've done a page on the chronographs.

Can I ask as well for some info on the two 67-9178s you have? I have the black dialled version, but the dial code is missing - the dial must have had some issues in the past and has been painted round the edge, losing the second indices and the code. It would be helpful to know the dial codes for both models, so I can add them to the blog page so it's as complete as possible.

Sorry to trouble you, but I hope you can help,

All the best,
Stephen aka Morris Minor and Sweephand

Sweephand's Vintage Citizen Watch Blog | Welcome to the world of Citizen's vintage timepieces

· Registered
225 Posts
Hi wysanz, thank you so much for your reply and superb pics! I'm sorry I'm late replying to this, I didn't get a notification about your post so missed it. The 67-9178 info is just what I needed to complete that entry on my blog page.

And you have 2 white dialled 67-91678s! Boy am I green with envy :)

All the best,
Stephen

· Registered
225 Posts
Thanks for the posative reply Stephen. I was blessed to get this watch with a really nice set of original hands. Not one chip of the original paint missing on any of them. Post a pic with your new orange hand. The 67-9151 is a small club with a few members. I Hope some more will show up here sometime. 31
Here it is 31j:

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

It would be nice to see some more :)

Stephen

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.