WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Hallo there,

Adding myself to the 67-9151 club. Mine's been on the bench of someone who apparently used a claw hammer to remove the hands, sadly. It's all together and in pretty good shape, with what looks like the original crown also. It looks careworn rather than abused. Face markings are 901204 KA, with the orange/yellow sub-dials, orange sweep. I've not taken the back off because it keeps time well.

I'll try get some pictures of it once I find a lens for a close-up. Thanks for posting your restoration, 31 Jewels. Nice to see inside without having to take it to bits which I'll admit I'm no good at- my tolerances are a few thousandths of an inch, but that's not timepieces, more engines...

--Phil

· Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Hallo there,

Adding myself to the 67-9151 club. Mine's been on the bench of someone who apparently used a claw hammer to remove the hands, sadly. It's all together and in pretty good shape, with what looks like the original crown also. It looks careworn rather than abused. Face markings are 901204 KA, with the orange/yellow sub-dials, orange sweep. I've not taken the back off because it keeps time well.

I'll try get some pictures of it once I find a lens for a close-up. Thanks for posting your restoration, 31 Jewels. Nice to see inside without having to take it to bits which I'll admit I'm no good at- my tolerances are a few thousandths of an inch, but that's not timepieces, more engines...

--Phil
Hi Phil. Thank you for posting pictures of your 9151. Yours has a lot of potential. A lot of what I see in the pictures can be restored and cleaned. The sub dial orange is in really excellent condition on your dial. Original band and crown....check. :) You found a nice one. I see the claw hammer mark too. Do you have a macro lens to get a better view?

Brian

· Registered
6 Posts
Hi Phil. Thank you for posting pictures of your 9151. Yours has a lot of potential. A lot of what I see in the pictures can be restored and cleaned. The sub dial orange is in really excellent condition on your dial. Original band and crown....check. :) You found a nice one. I see the claw hammer mark too. Do you have a macro lens to get a better view?

Brian
Brian,

I started to clean it up a couple nights ago. Took the bands off, cleaned up under the edges, buffed up the case- might just be mine but the only mirrored facets of the case are the two next to hours 3 and 9, the other facets are brushed in a 12-6 direction, following the brushed finish of the band.

I set the band as loose as it'll go... and it tries to cut the circulation off in my wrist! Seems as though someone had a few links removed. How many should be in each part of the band?

Unfortunately about the best I have in terms of lenses is what you got there- a very blurry shot from my cellphone camera held up through a cheap plastic magnifying lens on a light/scissor/inkpen thing that came out of a pinata.

It was lain, face down in a box of my late father in law's stuff.. which had been outside in a storage shed for at least the last two decades. Gingerly wound it up a little and it started running like it had just stopped the day before. Not bad, considering someone has been inside it before.

I'd like to push it back into service, it's a nice watch. Right now it's in the safe :)

--Phil

· Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 · (Edited)
Watch accessory Text Font Watch Fashion accessory
Watch accessory Strap Watch Fashion accessory Jewellery
Watch accessory Text Font Material property Jewellery
Hi Phil.

I up loaded these pictures for reference to others seeking this model. This is what the original band looks like for the 67-9151.

I count 8 links front and 11 rear for mine. I think it had more....maybe 2? Its a wrist squeezer too so I had to get an extension.

I really don't care for those, but its the only way to use it. I ended up buying a different Citizen bracelet and used that one.

The original went out of service.

Brian

· Registered
6 Posts
Brian,

Thank you for those pictures. It's got the same number of segments in each side of the bracelet as yours. I couldn't see a way to remove the segments in a non-destructive fashion. Perhaps there were a couple that were fixed with spring-loaded pins? That being said, mine does not have any method of removing the last segment on either side (second to the pins on the clasp itself).

Maybe I just have big wrists. My Seiko 0439-4009 that I wear every day is on the second to last adjustment hole and that's tight enough so that it doesn't slip down my arm.

I'll look into an extender.. What bracelet you replaced yours with, out of curiosity?

--Phil

· Registered
6 Posts
I finally got myself a strap extender for this watch. I noticed that the CITIZEN on this band appears differently to yours, in as far as the letters on mine aren't raised, rather flush and in a \\\\\\ shaded pattern.

Finger Brass Wrist Material property Fashion accessory

Worn it to work today and it's behaved itself.. wound it a little last night and through wearing it today over 24h it's lost about 15 seconds. Not bad seeing this is the first time it's been pressed into service in probably well over a decade.

Watch Analog watch Wrist Watch accessory Fashion accessory

--Phil

· Registered
6 Posts
...in the fading sunshine, a few (slightly better) pictures. I forgot I picked up a macro lens a while ago.

Leather Metal

Stamped "CITIZEN"

Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive wheel system Auto part

Day and date look good, the red of SUN is still quite a vibrant red. Couple scratches on the blue of the face.

Measuring instrument Watch Speedometer Auto part Number

Lower dial, not in bad shape though the alignment at zero is slightly off. Paint's coming off the hour hand, sadly.

Vehicle door Vehicle Auto part Car Glass

Upper dial, sweep and minute hands (a little out of focus, this lens has a very short focal length)

Water Close-up Hand Finger Ring

Crown

View attachment 7183634
Serial

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Finally a non-macro shot that shows the colors fairly truthfully. My camera likes to turn the blues more green than they are.

--Phil

(Sorry for the thread hijack...)

· Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
No worries on the high jack :) I encourage members to add to the 67-9151 thread. Yours looks really good. All the cosmetic flaws can be restored and corrected. It does look like your Citizen clasp has been changed out at some point. Should be raised letters. The band looks like the correct one though.

"31"

61 - 71 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.