WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
that is a fair bit of crud 31j! :) Mind you it's amazing how much dirt there can be on a watch which looks reasonably clean on the wrist.

Stephen
This Citizen 67-9054 was by far the worst watch that ever landed on my bench. The mud and dirt were literally falling out of it. The crystal was so scoured that you could barely see the dial. I left the dial, hour and minute hands original. This watch is the proto type for matching the correct Citizen orange hand color. There is actually an image of this watch unrestored on the internet. I couldn't repost it because the file is to big. 31 Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Kind of nice how the "TV Dial's" dial aged. I also have that model with the outer tachymeter bezel faded away. Its size is bigger than the other 8110s
Oh yea, its a big chunk of stainless. I agree on the dial, and am really happy with the outcome. I wore this watch for months, and only Rioone's Speedy and a few others timed out really superb. Within 6 seconds a day positional. These are hard to come by, and I've been working on a solution for the bezels. 31

·
Registered
884 Posts
The aftermarket guys here don't do dials or bezels of TV Dials, Speedies and Spacemen. I think it's because they're rare and is a small market to do all the trouble of producing. The bald bezel for the TV Dial works for me but no way for the Speedy or Spaceman. The aftermarket guys can do dials for the bullhead in many colors. I admit I've used them for dial-damaged bullheads because I like bullheads. But they turn out to be mods than all-original restorations like what you and Jaliya48 do.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Product Auto part Metal Rim Wheel When the cases turn out sweet, it inspires me to keep the train rolling. The pushers and crowns get new "O" rings. The donor 9577 case and crown tubes are sealed in, as well as pressed tight into their new home. I like the way the pushers are set deep into the case on the 9631. l'll focus on the 8100a movements next. I think you will find my 8110a--8100a (compare O) interesting. I can say I learned a lot about parts (interchangeability) between the two. See ya soon. 31 Watch accessory Watch Metal Fashion accessory Auto part Electronics Technology

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Watch accessory Watch Analog watch Fashion accessory Jewellery Black dial 9577's 8100a movement. Heavy rust at the settings where the stem goes in. The black calendars are almost perfect, with a little abrasion at the 13. The day wheel has a nice bright red Sunday. Usually Sunday is faded away. I think the red ink isn't as stable as the black after almost 40 years. The (2) 9631 movements are ready to get torn down. I have 4 8100a's to work with. Lets see what happens. 31 Fashion accessory Pocket watch Compass Watch Watch accessory

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Fishing reel Metal This is the 8100a's calendar side. (First pic). Although they appear to look very similar, you wont be able to use the main plate and make an 8110a (Below pic) They are completely different. The calendar wheels (can be interchanged) (Jayila.) Finding black date wheels will be almost impossible. Note that the 8110a below has a dial plate. The 8100a does not. The 8110a's dial plate contains quite a few chronograph parts. Its amazing that Citizen fit them in there to reset the hour recorder. None of the mechanical calendar parts are interchangeable except the plastic day wheel. Citizen really compacted those pieces and I was surprised that they were re designed smaller to fit in an 8100a. The 8110a pictured is from Stephens Speedy restoration. There is a difference in the thickness of the 2 movements and I hope Stephen posts those specs. 31 Watch Watch accessory Metal

·
Registered
884 Posts
Hi Stephen, that explains how thin one of my 8100s is. It's probably the thinnest 8100 and 8110. I always wondered why Citizen didn't come out with an 8110 as thin as her. The 8100 I am referring to is the thin and wide PVD one

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
Green Ring Fashion accessory Turquoise Metal After reading Stephens reply with the specs, (Thank you for posting.) I did some quick research digging through my parts stash. Here's your .90 MM. Very strong, accurate and well made. This part allows you an hour recorder in an 8110a. You cant bolt it to an 8100a main plate. Scroll up and look at the above pics. Cool! Regulator side movement pics up next. 31

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
Macro photography Photography Metal Watch Flip both movements over and now things look a lot more familiar. 8100a (top pic) This is the 8100a from the decent blue dialed 67-9631 with the bracelet. *Note* the bent regulator. The hairspring is actually pulled up and touching the bridge. It was the only 8100 runner of the 4 movements. Stephens Speedy's 8110a (below pic). This is where parts sharing becomes interesting between the two movements. You can interchange almost every single part from the train, balance and winding bridges. Jewels and screws are exact on the train side of the movement. Trust me, you will be searching for an 8110a to fix your 8100a because parts 8100 movements, and watches are hard to find. Just hope you don't need calendar parts. If you do, don't buy an 8110a. Nothing will work except day, date wheels and plastic day corrector wheel. I'll get more detailed on the chronograph parts in the next post. 31 Auto part

·
Registered
884 Posts
Hi Alex - do you mean the 67-9551?

Stephen
Hi Stephen, yes it's the 67-9551 with the 8100 movement (black dial below). It was the thinnest I've across with in collecting 8110s and 8100s. I measured it when I read your post. It's 10mm in thickness. The thinnest 8110 I've across were the Monaco types below. They're 13mm. The 67-9551 and the green "Monaco" still needs work. Their PVD cases have aged and need black re-painting on certain parts. The yellow's all right, and a friend's providing an original strap for it as a gift. 'will show that when it arrives. Watch Watch accessory Metal Silver Material property Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
Green Text Font Label Illustration The winding bridge is chock full of compacted parts. At first they look exactly the same. Its because they almost are. Only one screw, a threaded screw hole, and the stopping lever are the difference. Oh, I almost forgot, the signature on the top of the bridge too. You can use the 8110a bridge on the 8100a, but not the other way around. Auto part Disc brake Font Bicycle part Bicycle drivetrain part This thread was worth the time to document so far, because its a rare chance to get all these watches together for a restoration and service. These are probably the only two 8100a's I will own for my collection, so they have to be pristine. 31 Green Font Games Illustration

21 - 40 of 81 Posts