WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Here's mine. I was fortunate enough to find an all original one on eBay for a reasonable price. When I received it, it was not keeping consistent time. Somehow the beat lever had been moved considerably. Lacking the equipment to reset the beat the proper way, I started checking out photos online of 8110 movements and observed that all of them had the beat lever in the same spot. I carefully moved it to match the position in the photos. Now, it keeps very accurate time!

Rover, very sweet and a very nice wrist shot. That was a very smart idea on getting a base timing. The first thing i look at before i touch a watch is to see where the regulator is set at. Almost all are set fast and so out of beat you can actually hear it. Especially in high beat watches like these. The first 67-9054 i ever bought gained 15 minutes in an hour. It ran "wide open foot to the floor" for 3 hours and locked up. I timed it off my Omega and the sweep seconds hand was passing the other. I was actually impressed with the 8110a that it could possibly run that fast. 31

·
Registered
772 Posts
The black outside bezel. You have the glass placed on the bezels..
View attachment 610361
V, i got what your asking. Those are made of plastic. The can be very brittle. As long as there is no chips i can restore that for you. Keep in mind though, it will still chip if its banged like the original. Jaliyas 67-9119 has the same design crystal bezel on his watch he is restoring.

·
Registered
681 Posts
V, right now on ebay. If you type as a search ("citizen bull head chronograph"), the is a seller that i have bought from who has new hardlex crystals for Bull heads. $8.00 bucks. (You should grab one up.) There is a (very) slim chance Citizen will have an original crystal in stock. Check it out. 31
I saw that, I asked him if it is compatible with other 8110s but I didn't get a reply yet. I also noticed he had an aftermarket stem for the 8110. Is this the original Citizen crystal or is it an aftermarket one? Is hardlex better than the standard mineral crystal? (pardon my ignorance!)
The seller is well known with diving watch collectors as well.

@Vsanzbajo that's great news, the restored one will be better than your NOS one when completed for sure!

@roverguy78 excellent watch but I really loved your 67-9119 that you sold in September! I wanted to purchase it but it was sold by the time I emailed you. If you've got a photo, could you post it here?

Regards.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Man, you guys are swayin me to get a Bull. I want a black dial all stainless one. Check out (Morris Minors link to his blog.) There is some really cool pics of the 8110a and 8100 models. I gotta have the all stainless (67-9151) first. I only seen one sell on ebay in the last 2 years and one NOS dial. None have ever showed up again so far. 31

·
Registered
772 Posts
Jaliya, im not sure if Citizen would even stock the NOS crystals anymore. The after market hardlex are just as good as the NOS ones. The only way to know if the Bulls hardlex crystal and the 67-9119 crystal is the same is to mic them. So i did the one for your watch......Its looks like (32.44-50 MM.) For the price i would by the aftermarket. You would probably never know the difference. You need diamond lap polish to restore them. Problem is if there is a deep scratch, it cannot be done. I even contacted car replacement windshield companies to get there take. If its too deep it wont happen. 31

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hi, Here's a photo of the watch in question...
Thanks, that's a beaut! I couldn't remember if it had a black or white calendar wheels, turns out it has white ones.

@31Jewels I got a reply from the hardlex seller and he thinks it might fit. I'll snag one when my finances pick up (I'm holding my current allocated budget for a very special donor watch! ;-);-))
I've seen one of those 67-9151s with a green dial sell some months back (I think October or November). This one had a fairly poor dial and it was in the UK. I think it went for GBP70 or a similar value. eBay member Sophon_I had one as well, but we all know his reputation with watches!
If you're after a black dialed 8100, there's one in non-working condition on sale. I'll PM the link to you if you're interested. I'm always checking eBay for 8110s!

·
Registered
772 Posts
J, i wish i would have seen those. You can post a link anytime for those. I cruise ebay everyday looking for 8110a stuff.

·
Registered
681 Posts
J, i wish i would have seen those. You can post a link anytime for those. I cruise ebay everyday looking for 8110a stuff.
I check eBay frequently for 8110s as well. The funny thing is, there are always 5+pages of results for Seiko 6138s & 6139s!:-d

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Anyone know for sure if calendar wheels came in black and white variants? I have one of each, I am 90% sure they both are original, but I want to make sure.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Anyone know for sure if calendar wheels came in black and white variants? I have one of each, I am 90% sure they both are original, but I want to make sure.
V, im going to take a trip over to ebay this weekend and see if i can get you an answer on that. There is enough Bulls there that i think i could make a educated guess. 31

·
Registered
772 Posts
After looking, i would say so. I dont think swapping you calendar dials would affect originality in anyway. Looks like dial color sometimes dictated the color. 31

·
Registered
681 Posts
After looking, i would say so. I dont think swapping you calendar dials would affect originality in anyway. Looks like dial color sometimes dictated the color. 31
I wanted to change my 9119 calandar wheels to black so it would match the dial. There were some factory-issued black day/date wheels, the catalog image of the Citizen chrono lineup shows such a model. If I come across a scrap movement with good black day/date wheels, I might consider it! :-!

·
Registered
772 Posts
I wanted to change my 9119 calandar wheels to black so it would match the dial. There were some factory-issued black day/date wheels, the catalog image of the Citizen chrono lineup shows such a model. If I come across a scrap movement with good black day/date wheels, I might consider it! :-!
There tough to find. If you find a pic upload it so i can check it out. My 7750 chrono i built had white ones. Black were special order and alot more expensive. I like the black and i dont see them on alot of watches. My guess, they are harder to read. 31

·
Registered
681 Posts
There tough to find. If you find a pic upload it so i can check it out. My 7750 chrono i built had white ones. Black were special order and alot more expensive. I like the black and i dont see them on alot of watches. My guess, they are harder to read. 31
I'll email some examples to you. They are quite rare but they look great on the 67-9119! One problem is that the lettering fade & bleed when the day/date wheels are exposed to high humidity so locating one in mint condition is tough.

41 - 60 of 131 Posts