WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this in the Seiko & Citizen forum but it was recommended I ask here instead. Just wonder if anyone could offer any information on this watch because all I can find is in Japan, any pictures would be awesome too, many thanks.

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,777 Posts
Posted this in the Seiko & Citizen forum but it was recommended I ask here instead. Just wonder if anyone could offer any information on this watch because all I can find is in Japan, any pictures would be awesome too, many thanks.
have you searched this forum yet?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have you searched this forum yet?
Yes I've taken a look, I can't find much info just wondered if anyone who owned one had anything to say. All I find on the forum is about the older models not the current ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,191 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,474 Posts
Yah, that page translates fairly well. Not always the case with Citizen. This watch is not distributed outside Japan...both Citizen and Seiko do that with so many models, that there's a standard acronym. Japanese Domestic Market == JDM. So you have to go thru Rakuten, or sometimes Amazon, or sellers in Japan. Seiya, Higuchi, and Chino would be the top 3 favorites for The Citizen models.

The key point for this forum is, it uses the A010 movement. Do a search on that, and there's a good bit of info here.

But start whith chris' link, and back up one level (look at the top) to get here:

ザ・シチズン_ラインナップ [CITIZEN-シチズン腕時計]

This will be the start for all the A010 and A060-based models...stainless, titanium, different sizes (the one about which you ask is a bit small for many), bracelet, some strap, etc.

Now if only they can modify the Eco Drive One movement to include TC............

Reactions: Jordanbav

·
Premium Member
9,474 Posts
Eco-Drive One with TC. Sign me up if the price is not excessive.
Well, the non-LE is about $2900 list...they're still doing sapphire dials and cermet bezels. But, this might be the ultra-premium because even the non-LEs are first editions of what may be their next-gen movement. But if they take this:

エコ・ドライブ ワン AR5000-50E [CITIZEN-シチズン腕時計]

Zoom the dial...it's kinda cool. Do that with a TC movement, on a strap...I'd do it for $2500.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Well, the non-LE is about $2900 list...they're still doing sapphire dials and cermet bezels. But, this might be the ultra-premium because even the non-LEs are first editions of what may be their next-gen movement. But if they take this:

エコ・ドライブ ワン AR5000-50E [CITIZEN-シ�ズン腕時計]

Zoom the dial...it's kinda cool. Do that with a TC movement, on a strap...I'd do it for $2500.
But first they'd have to fix the missing seconds hand across the whole collection, otherwise I'd give $25.

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,777 Posts
Yes it needs a seconds hand which would thicken up the case. TC should not make it much thicker. Power reserve would take a hit.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Yes it needs a seconds hand which would thicken up the case. TC should not make it much thicker. Power reserve would take a hit.
And, given Citizen's lonely support for independently adjustable hour hand and perpetual calendar in their TCs, I'd hope to see those as well, before the accountants 'simplify' them into extinction everywhere. :)

·
Premium Member
9,474 Posts
I don't know how they implement the TC. A problem with the movement is, there's practically NO unused space. They tweaked and shaped and moved to get everything down to 1mm in the first place. There's about as close to NO room to add anything as possible. If we're talking a major rework of the base caliber, my head says, this ain't gonna happen any time soon.

You could just go with a very non-standard layout. The Lange 1:

Just don't have all 3 hands sharing the same space. Or...this might be weird, but...how about no minute hand. A seconds hand (or more likely sub-seconds) and the single long hand common to single-hand watches, a la Meistersinger. Those are usually thought of as semi-casual time keepers, so doing one as an HAQ would be...curious. And a pain to set, I suspect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts