WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a new watch for awhile now and i came across the new Citizen AT Skyhawk and i was wondering a few things. Are there any other Citizen brands bracelets that this watch would fit on (the standard one seems kind of cheap with the clasping mechanism....correct me if im wrong) and if so what models do they originally belong to? Would you people out there say this is a nice watch (excluding the price)? And do any of you have any of your own opinions of the watch (ive read someones review on it already but i cant remember the persons name but i wanted to get a few more opinions from the community)

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's hard to beat a citizen for wearablity and a all around good lasting watch. You can flop the band out with one maybe two of the other Skyhawks. But by the time you by another band what was the point. I'm very surprised you think the watch band the Skyhawk A-T has on it looks cheap. The double deployment clasp and link bracelet has a great look. I don't think it's cheap looking at all. In fact, I think it has a much better look than the other bracelet style in the Skyhawk. If you want a world timer there a some good ones out there. But, the Skyhawk A-T has a classy style and is one of the most affordable. Good luck on your search.
Vera

·
Registered
335 Posts
I had that watch and the clasp looked like cheap, stamped, crap.
the back looks like it was "engraved" with a nail, and is a "snap on".
I love Citizen, have 7, one for 12 yrs, it is a gmt eco with a one piece
ss case beautifully made, still works perfectly, lume is MUCH brighter
than the skyhawk. I bounced my SH, a glass xtal on a $600 watch is
insane. MANY cheaper watches have sapphire .
No way this thing is 200m with those pushers and a snap back.
Sorry for the rant, I really wanted to like this watch. I'm becoming
very skeptical about brand name watches like Citizen who release a flagship
model like this whose snap back says "movt japan", translated means case, band,
........, made in china or worse.
This ain't PC but I am VERY disappointed. I don't want to hear
about complexity, functionality, ........, electronic changes are trivial.
A wrist watch from a famous company, at this price, should be high
quality Throughout !. My Tissot, Swiss Army, Zodiac and Seiko watches
are. Having said that !, Buy what you like, for your reasons.
Regards, LL

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats the thing the new ones do have those cheap looking/feeling snap ones, but the band itself feels nice. My roommates blue angels SS bands has that deployment one and that clasp is what the new skyhawk should have one it. i was really thinking about buying this watch but now i may just go with bl5250-52w or just wait to see if they have any 2008 releases that i like.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I had the Skyhawk AT but recently sold it to fund another watch. It was a nice watch and I will be getting another in the near future because i miss it.

The band is well made and very nice except the fact no micro adjustment which for some can make the strap ether to tight or a little loose.

But the watch takes a 22mm strap so you can put a rubber,leather, mesh etc strap on it the possibilities are endless.

I would buy it from a brick and morter store and try it out at home and if you like it keep it and if not return it

To me it is a nice watch

Cheers

Leon

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have had the watch for about 2 weeks and love it.

The clasp in my opinion functions fine, its the same type as the 1500-3000$ Omegas we sell where I work.

The 3 major complaints that people have are.

1. Single deployment clasp, easily and cheaply replaceable.

2. Mineral crystal, easily replaceable since the Japanese model has Sapphire and the sapphire crystal is orderable by citizen repair shops.

3. Lack of micro adjustments on clasp, since it has 1/2 links its pretty adjustable.

4. Lack of screwdown caseback, not an issue if it doesnt leak, this isnt a divers watch, so as long as you are not diving this should be fine.

5. Lack of a screwdown crown, again not a diver watch, I do have a seiko thats rated for 200 and doesn't have a screwdown and have had no issues with water, don't see why this wouldnt be similar, also its got metal that cradles the crown, so protection is adequate to make up for the lack of screwdown crown.

So for the price, and features combination, coupled with the clasp-crystal not being an unchangeable issue I think this watch is a great purchase, and gets a ton of comments.

I work at a Jared store where our centerpieces are Tag Heuer and Omega, yet my watch gets a good amount of inquiries and comments, which I think is pretty cool.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Comparing the AT clasp to an Omega clasp is like comparing a Yugo to a Volvo.
Omega watches are reknown for great bracelets with machined clasps.
It may not be a diver, but it's rated at 200m
sapphire and glass crystals are NOT interchangable
Take a look at Swiss Army, Tissot, Seiko, in that price range.

I love Citizen, I have auto and eco zilla, GMT(12 yrs old), Minute repeater, ...
From my long experience with Citizen, I expected better, Every component
should be suitable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts