WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looking for moderately priced JDM Citizen in Super titanium case under 40mm, with clean and simple Arabic layout.

My first choice were Promaster PMD, Royal Marines or Montbell - but turned out they all use the same clasp with diver extension which might be uncomfortable to my relatively thin 6.6 wrist (thanks to WUS fellow who advised me). I also wanted something slim, 10 mm or less, and those models were over 12 mm.

Then I found this newer Attesa.
It has 40 mm case, 9.3mm thick, 80 gr with 3 links removed. Black DLC coated Super titanium (a.k.a Duratect) case and bracelet. A little pricey than I wanted, but it also got extra features I didn't plan for - world time, perpetual calendar and world radio control.

Chino did not want to help, first quoted with some big number and later emailed with "sorry sold out", so I got this off Ebay for $555 delivered in 3 (!) days from Japan to California.

20180424_122312.jpg 20180424_122656.jpg 20180424_122426.jpg 20180424_122736.jpg 20180424_122752.jpg

Watch came completely discharged, took couple hours on direct sunlight before it allowed me to set the time.
The good things - dimensions, weight, display are exactly what I was looking for. DLC seems durable and pleasantly dark, not super black. It actually looks and feels like ceramic. Removed 3 links and the size is perfect for my wrist. Watch got the signal the very first night and keeps picking it so far every night.

The bad thing - the clasp does not have quick adjustment mechanism I've seen on earlier Attesa and hoped to meet here again. That's fine, I was lucky to adjust with links removal. Another major issue - the inner clasp had very sharp sides and it hurt my skin a lot. I had Duratect Citizen before and never experienced this problem. Maybe DLC contributed, or I got a bad batch, don't know.. Bracelet itself is fine, all smooth, but the clasp is PITA.
I had to polish it with sand paper (400 grit followed by 1000 gr) to make the corners round. This is something I would never expect on $500+ watch.

Anyways, overall I'm happy with my new casual watch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased the same watch this week to replace my Citizen Montbell, which is gorgeous, but is just too big on my wrists.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts