WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im confused and need guidance!! Im looking for a non chrono solar diver and have spotted the BN0150/0156s. The 156 is twice the price of the 0150 but I can't spot any other differences. Can any one shed any light on the differences???
Apologies if this has been covered in previous posts. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
bn156 is jdm version if im not mistaken hence the higher price.Bracelet adds to price but surely not double as you said. I read some people bought the bracelet seperatly for 60-70 $.
Usual grey market places dont stock it these days, amazon have one on rubber for around 220.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bn156 is jdm version if im not mistaken hence the higher price.Bracelet adds to price but surely not double as you said. I read some people bought the bracelet seperatly for 60-70 $.
Usual grey market places dont stock it these days, amazon have one on rubber for around 220.
Thanks Zulu. New to all this. What's JDM???

·
Registered
167 Posts
Its the made in japan model(or at least thats what the dial says), jdm stands for japanese domestic market ie products intended for japanese market.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Zulu. So essentially the same watch by design. Do you know if they have the same movements?

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
pretty sure the BN0156 is the JDM japanese model, hence the price difference

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here's the deal...

There are four versions of the same watch (bracelet vs. rubber strap, international market vs. Japanese Domestic Market - JDM).

There's the international (not JDM) versions:

BN0150-61E (with bracelet). The price of this was about $209 on DutyFreeisIandShop, but it's sold out.
BN0150-10E (same watch head, but on a rubber strap). You can get this for about $180 on JomaShop.

Then, you have the JDM ("Japanese Domestic Market") version:

These are identical to the international version, except that, in microscopically tiny font on the bottom of the face, there's text that reads, "Made in Japan."

BN0156-56E (with bracelet). You can get this for $378 on SeiyaJapan.
BN0156-05E (rubber strap). This is $308 on SeiyaJapan.

So - all four watches have the same exact watch head (same movement, same finishing, identical), except the "Made in Japan" text.

Some people think that the JDM versions have slightly higher quality control, but there doesn't seem to be any objective evidence for that. So, you're paying a 50-100% premium for the "Made in Japan" font.

There are a few other minor variations (blue face, blue rubber strap), but the price is about the same.

Great watch, whichever version you choose.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts