WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
225 Posts
This is an excellent thread 31j - very interesting to see the restoration process, and the issues it raises about maintaining originality. I shall post on my blog and link to this if that's ok.

I agree with Roverguy that the original mineral glass is bevelled and slightly proud of the bezel, here's a pic of mine which shows it:

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

There are a lot of after market dials around, in many different colours. But the original models had only silver, black, grey or gold dials - and one green model. Here's my green example:
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Stephen aka Morris Minor

· Registered
225 Posts
The black day/ date wheels look cool, and were certainly the original type. I believe white wheels were also original, but I have not got definitive evidence, so for the time being we can't be absolutely sure....

Great to see the pics of your work 31j, and a rare treat to see restoration work in progress on 8110's!!

Stephen

· Registered
225 Posts
Hi Tanwill - just noticed your question for 31j. Only the bullhead with the octagonal case is stainless steel. The rest were 'base metal', a kind of nickel alloy I think. They also gold plated one model, and black coated another, none were chrome plated. One confusing thing is that Citizen coded the base metal ones as 'SSB', which would normally mean stainless steel with black bezel!

Stephen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.