WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently spoke to my uncle and he got a citizen bullhead as a gift in the 70s... He said he wore it maybe 7 times max and put it away cause he fell in love with rolex and that's all he wore and collected... It is all original from the day he bought it and still runs... When he send me pics it looked like new from factory and I was like wow I want to get one... He said its your a present from me to you....

So I should have it by Monday... I heard they were small but that's ok... I'm curious if anybody has pics for fun next to modern today watches like other seiko and citizens... I do have a citizen nightgown and wonder what they look next to eachother in size...

Anyways what's the history on them and are they good watches... Also I was surprised on the smooth sweeping hand like seiko and rolex since all I see are citizens with one sec movement... Why dont they make citizen watches like that anymore... Thanks

·
Registered
270 Posts
Mine says hello!

They are Very nice watches, even a bit undervalued when compared to the contemporary Seiko chronographs, imo. You're getting a high-beat automatic chronograph with a day-date and flyback. Whats not to like? Even better if it's an all-original practically unworn piece, since finding a non-messed-with one on ebay can be a hassle.

Sizewise the bullhead is kind of a strange beast. For a chronograph, its quite small at 37mm, but the watch is pretty tall, so it doesn't lack in presence. I like it, but not propably all will.

Please do post pics once you have the watch!

Here's some articles on the Citizen automatic chronos:

https://vintagecitizenwatches.com/tag/citizen-8110a/

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice watch Liizio. What is the lug width on these 18 or 20 mm?

Mine says hello!

They are Very nice watches, even a bit undervalued when compared to the contemporary Seiko chronographs, imo. You're getting a high-beat automatic chronograph with a day-date and flyback. Whats not to like? Even better if it's an all-original practically unworn piece, since finding a non-messed-with one on ebay can be a hassle.

Sizewise the bullhead is kind of a strange beast. For a chronograph, its quite small at 37mm, but the watch is pretty tall, so it doesn't lack in presence. I like it, but not propably all will.

Please do post pics once you have the watch!

Here's some articles on the Citizen automatic chronos:

https://vintagecitizenwatches.com/tag/citizen-8110a/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts