WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
8,329 Posts
LOL

Those just look incredibly wrong. I thought I was looking at a pile of charcoal with little antennas sticking out at first glance.

Reactions: serdal23

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Probably a few guys reading this thread now thinking "guess I better not put mine in the WRUW thread" :rodekaart

Seriously though it is watches like this that catch out the non wis guys, just some poor guy looking for a new watch and and gets sucker punched. I very much doubt any of these dials genuine Citizen.

·
Banned
2,545 Posts
I also think that the PVD doesn't look on the Citizen Bullhead models.

They look ugly with the PVD . . .

Capt. Serdal

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Considering the reputation this seller has, I'm not the least bit surprised :-(

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
Considering the reputation this seller has, I'm not the least bit surprised :-(
With over 5k in positive feedback, he's no good?

(I ask, 'cause I like some of his vintage stuff.)

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
With over 5k in positive feedback, he's no good?

(I ask, 'cause I like some of his vintage stuff.)
That's 5k worth of folks who have no idea what cobbled up messes they have. Sophon is notorious for his Franken watches and he seldom makes any kind of disclosures about what he has done to them.

A little searching the various Seiko forums will reveal horror story after horror story :-(

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have plans getting a Citizen Bullhead. They certainly look unique and having a good movement as I understand!

Any recommendation of good ebay sellers?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
Apparently the watches are known to be "Frankenstein's monsters" inside. There are some threads on other forums on his reputation, Google it:-!
That's 5k worth of folks who have no idea what cobbled up messes they have. Sophon is notorious for his Franken watches and he seldom makes any kind of disclosures about what he has done to them.

A little searching the various Seiko forums will reveal horror story after horror story :-(
Thanks for the heads-up, guys!

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
I have plans getting a Citizen Bullhead. They certainly look unique and having a good movement as I understand!

Any recommendation of good ebay sellers?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

Cheers,
Chris
You are probably best to buy from the sales forum where the sellers are forum members and known.

As for eBay; you could watch Jose Sotto(watchcooking) who is a solid and trusted seller. There are others but the experiences of buyers are a mixed bag so you really have to know what it is you're buying.

·
Registered
633 Posts
You are probably best to buy from the sales forum where the sellers are forum members and known.

As for eBay; you could watch Jose Sotto(watchcooking) who is a solid and trusted seller. There are others but the experiences of buyers are a mixed bag so you really have to know what it is you're buying.
Jose is a good seller; I contacted him regarding a dial for a Citizen chrono and he replied back within one day with one for a very good price. I've not purchased a watch from him, but I've read many happy customers' reviews!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thanks very much Pawl_Buster and Jaliya48 for your kind feedback. Will certainly take a look at the Sales Forum as well as checking out Jose (watchcooking).

ChrisH

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Actually the black on black looks good to me, but based on the stories about the movement service of this guy, I'd not buy one.

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
I think they look really good! I'm not a purist, I only like what I like!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts