WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas,

I was just curious if any of you guys knew two measurements of this model:

1. Does the 39.5mm case width include the crown?

2. Can anyone tell me the lug-to-lug distance? I'm looking for the length from the tip of one lug all the way to the tip of a lug on the opposite end of the case.

EDIT: Pictures always help...

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
As for the case diameter, it's almost a certainty that the 39.5 mm. does not include the crown, but very likely does include the crown guard. Check out the Citizen webpage below:

Google Translate

Scroll down to just about the bottom, and look at the arrow in the small turquoise box, below the table and three lines up from the bottom, with the text "for case size." Click on that link, and you'll see how Citizen reports the case diameters.

As for the lug-to-lug longitudinal dimension, I can't help with that, but further probing might reveal this. I wonder whether a call or email to Citizen Japan would get you the answer.

Edit: Another thought about the lug-to-lug distance: Take the picture on your screen and calculate the ratio of the lug-to-lug distance (measured on your screen) to the case width (to outside of crown guard) on your screen. It will be a ratio greater than 1.0. Multiply this ratio by 39.5 (the known case width). This number should be close to what you're seeking, even taking into account image distortion.

Beautiful watch, by the way....

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
That's too bad. It's a great watch, one of the few Chronomasters with a 20 BAR rating, I think. Still, if you really want one, there are still a number out there, one of which I saw with an asking price of a little over $3000. You can find these via Google. You could also try the Japan Auction Center. Good luck!

·
Banned
593 Posts
Hope there are other models of the Chronomaster "Active" line-up that may suit your fancy. Please do me a favor, and buy one...I'd live to hear your thoughts about it!

AFAIC, In terms of overall performance/features, aesthetics, and robustness this watch reigns King of the ultimate HEQ watch to own on the planet at this time.

It's too bad the Active model was introduced about a year (06) after I bought my Chronomaster, or I'd be enjoying mine right now. :~(

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks fellas!

Yeah I'd love to play the guinea pig here and get myself a CTQ57-1025, but unfortunately the price is a bit steep for me. I think I'll be checking in on the FS forums and some of the Japanese auction sites to see if I can't snag a nice minty Chronomaster.

(P.S. My apologies for the delay in replying to this thread...I was having some "issues" with my WUS account)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts