WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have just received a new Citizen Chronomaster, The Citizen, from Japan and am very pleased with it. Obviously much too early to know anything about accuracy but I wanted to express agreement with Bruce Reding's view of it; It is the essence of "watch"; nothing superfluous, no pretensions, just excellent, clean taste.
I am also very impressed with SeiyaJapan.com and wanted to pass their name on to anyone interested in Japanese watches that aren't generally sold here (the US). I don't know what other brands they offer because I only asked about the two I was interested in.
They appear to understand English very well; they are very helpful and cooperative and they will e-mail you a number of links with which you can view a wide range of both The Citizen, in steel and titanium, and of mechanical and quartz Grand Seikos.
Personally, I don't like the Seikos as well as I do the Citizens. Seiya show both makes in many case styles and different colored faces. Mine has a blue face........ it must have been holding its breath.
Seiya shipped my watch on Nov 10th and I got it on the 15th and I don't think you can expect any better than that.
I'm going to learn how to take photos for posting but I doubt if I can compete with some that I've seen here.......just amazing!

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I have just received a new Citizen Chronomaster, The Citizen, from Japan and am very pleased with it.
Congratulations!!! :-! :-! :-! Being the laid back, low key kind of guys we are, we of course expect monthly accuracy reports to the split second. :-D

Also, very good to hear about Seiya. He was not doing business for a while, but evidently he's back with a vengeance now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts