WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am doing a low budget repair on a project watch. Citizen crystron quartz 150m diver and I have a few questions or at least need some help. The movement is super clean but doesn't run. I would be surprised if there is something wrong with it but maybe.

1. I can't find the stem release for the crown....
2. I can't find the reset button or divot for this, on some quartzes it is pretty clearly marked, no such luck on this.
3. I don't know what the propery battery is for this. I was under the impression that if the battery fits inside it will work. and that all batteries are 1.5 volt now and can handle lower drain situations.
4. Is this something a local watchmaker can handle - I have dealt with Jack at IWW but this watch does not warrant his masterful touch. Anyone know of a watchmaker in Alberta that could handle it? I would like to tackle this myself.

I would also just put an entirely new movement in this thing but pretty newb at the whole process.

ps. I'll try and add pics ASAP but I'm also assuming anyone that can help me probably already has experience with this watch.

·
Registered
23,402 Posts
Welcome~Reto over at PMWF has some neat tutorials on how to disassemble a quartz movement. That's the hardest part, and it isn't that hard. Finding a battery is easy if you know what the movement is inside. Look up a watchmaker online in your area. Good luck! ;-)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts