WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a citizen crystron 150m that I picked up off the bay. I was inspired by Jason R's 600m but have not found one yet and got a good price on this but it needed work.

So a few issues.

1. I can't find the release for the stem, so I have come to the conclusion it is a screw style release, anyone know?

2. Quartz movement not working, looks completely minty clean, old battery had some very minor corrosion on it, I am pretty sure any battery should work in this thing but maybe I am wrong. So I'm wondering if citizen has another quartz movement that fits this thing. I believe it is the same case as the 51-2273.

3. I would also like to find a new bezel if possible.

Any help is appreciated as my forte is polishing, so I have the crystal and metal under control but really want to get this movement working as it is a great model of watch and has a great vintage feel to it.

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Congrats on the new Crystron - great watch!

Have you tried 'shorting' the battery? Sometimes the older quartz movements need that to get started.

Otherwise I can't help you - sorry!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jason. This "shocking" thing is something I'm now looking into. Good new lead. Now I just need to figure out where the push button is for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts