WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So was looking at Citizen eco drive HAQ and seen these two movements, what are the differences between the two? Is one preferable to the other? Thank you for any info.

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
My Spring Drives have PR, so I've gotten used to them. That said, I don't like them much on the A010's because there is little point to them for me. I've got a glass-topped watch box bedside; there's a gooseneck on the table lamp I've got pointed right at it. And it's on for several hours every night. I don't worry about the charge level on my solar watches.

But it's reasonable on straightforward dials like this. On some others? The AQ 1054-59L is an A010-based version of the Black Eagle LE with an A060...forget the number. Black PVD case, black outer dial, blue inner. Very nice watch, toned down the formality. On the 1054-59, the PR hacks up the outer ring and the markers, and that looks terrible.

Actually...it looks like there are 2 variations on the A010. tmt's pic shows the older layout you see on the 1000's, 1010's and other series that date back to when the movement was introduced. The PR sweeps from 3 to 8. The 1050s show a new layout where the PR sweeps from 6 to 11...smack dab into the indices and markers, and therefore chopping it up rather badly. There's pretty much no chance I'd pop for one of these, the PR does that much damage to the look IMO.

Reactions: JNW1
1 - 5 of 5 Posts