WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I've been looking around for a sporty chronograph that I am able to use under water. I came across the stunningly beautiful Seiko SSCs, but unfortunately my wrists are smaller so that wouldn't be the best option for me. Then, I came across the Citizen Eco-Drive CA0336-52H chronograph.

It has a water resistance of 10 ATM. Would it be safe to go swimming, showering etc. with this watch? I noticed that the pushers don't have locks on them... can they be operated under water? Also, in the event that the crown gets accidentally pulled out in the water, would that ruin the watch?

I apologize in advance if this isn't posted in the right forum; I am new to WUS and this is my very first post!

Cheers

·
Registered
183 Posts
Most water resistant spec are for the first year only. For swimming get the diver watch with screw in hatch lock.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply!

Just to clarify, I won't be able to go underwater with the watch after the first year?

Cheers

·
Registered
609 Posts
You should be fine with swimming as long as you don't use the pushers or crown. It is pretty unlikely that the crown can be pulled out by accident. I never have figured out why anyone would want to shower wearing a watch unless it is a shower on the beach to wash off salt water.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fredrick. I probably wouldn't wear a watch in the shower, I just wanted to know for sure :)

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts