WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently flew from the UK to Bangkok, and when I changed my time zone from London to China, was delighted to see that Bangkok is apparently on the same time zone (according to my watch) as China, i.e. 6 hours ahead of British Summer Time. BUT - I noticed, when changing from London to China time, the hands on my watch went BACKWARDS, despite China being ahead of the UK. So now I have a watch that is exactly 12 hours slow. Has anyone else come across this weirdness? And does anyone know of a way (other than setting the time manually which defeats the object of this watch) to fix this?

A quick trawl around the internet didn't reveal anything useful.

Thanks in advance for any help!

~ Paul

·
Registered
7,338 Posts
I don't have an Eco-Drive with an E650 movement, but I just tried this on my AT8020-03L (H800 movement) and my BY0080-57E (H610 movement).

H800
1. Moved time zone from LAX to LON. The minute, hour and 24-hr hands rotated forward.
2. Moved time zone from LON to BKK. The minute, hour and 24-hr hands rotated forward. The date changed from 20 to 21.
3. Moved time zone from BKK to LAX. The minute, hour and 24-hr hands rotated forward rather than backward (shortest path). The date changed from 21 to 20.

H610
1. Moved time zone from LAX to LON. The hour and 24-hr hands rotated forward.
2. Moved time zone from LON to BKK. The hour and 24-hr hands rotated forward. The date changed from 20 to 21.
3. Moved time zone from BKK to LAX. The hour and 24-hr hands rotated forward rather than backward (shortest path). The date changed from 21 to 20.

·
Registered
7,338 Posts
I had a look at the E650 manual, and it only mentions five time zones (LAX, DEN, CHI, NYC and LON). It has an A-TM (Alternate Time) mode to manually set the watch for all other time zones. It mentions that you have to make sure the time is set properly for AM or PM by referring to the 24-hr dial. Maybe this is something to consider for your situation, since you said it's off by 12 hours.

My H800 and H610 work differently, as they have 26 or 27 time zones with 3-letter codes available.

Here is the manual I was looking at: http://www.citizenwatch-global.com/support/pdf/e650/e.pdf

1 - 4 of 4 Posts