WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm the original owner of one that was made in November 2000 (caliber E760). I sent it to Hurley Roberts Service Company for service in the summer of 2019. They performed some movement maintenance and replaced the gasket, so I expect it to last at least until 2037 (though I need to remind myself to have the gasket checked regularly before then).

·
Premium Member
7,769 Posts
Difficult to answer your query precisely.

Depending upon exposure to natural sunlight, your watch(es) could last from anywhere between 8 to 15 years before requiring a replacement capacitor.

For maximum life, I'd recommend leaving them in a brightly lit spot for a few hours as often as possible.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Have had a dozen different Eco-Drives and I'd say the estimates above of 15+ years hold pretty true. Hopefully I can verify 25+ years in a decade. Never had to replace any of mine and still have several of them. Make sure to not let them go dead, sometimes they never bounce back with quite the same capacity after. Yours should both have plenty of life left!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have an Ecodrive Promaster Diver coming today. It’s great to hear all the great reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
737 Posts
Have one from 2001 that sat in a drawer for the past 10 years and I recently took it out and left it out by the window to catch some rays and it started ticking away no problems.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
I have two purchased in 1999 and 2000. The one from 1999 gave up the ghost several years ago. The 2000 one is still running strong. I need to get them serviced as I'm not sure how long the charge would last in the 2000 model.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
I’m wearing one as I write this. It was built in 2005.
I sent it to Hurley Roberts for a checkup and replacement crystal. Still running strong and looks almost new. Great watch and excellent service center at H R in Atlanta. In my humble opinion, lots of bang for the $

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts