WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Well, I made the plunge and purchased an Citizen EcoZilla....titanium of course! :) It might take some time getting used to enormous size, but we shall see. I think it is much better looking than the Citizen "Orca" that I bought and returned.

The question I have deals with charging the watch. The manual states that direct natural sunlight is the best method and being that I am in Michigan - the sun will not shine till Spring! :)

So what is the next best way to get the system fully charged? Right now I have the watch sitting about 20 inches (per manual) from a 60W bulb - might take a few days huh? Any advice on a better method?

Thanks!

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
It doesn't take alot to charge it.
It's probably good to go now and just wearing it in various light will keep it going.
Congrats!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello,

It is the 300m Citizen Ti Eco-Zilla not the 1000m Ti Auto-Zilla version. The minute hand skips every other sec, so I know it needs charging.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Hello,

It is the 300m Citizen Ti Eco-Zilla not the 1000m Ti Auto-Zilla version. The minute hand skips every other sec, so I know it needs charging.

Thanks
Just wear it Brother and in no time it will be a full power workhorse, whatever you do though whilst on full charge , under no circumstance EVER must you feed it after midnight OR play any piano's, apart from that your good to go:-!.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Just wear it and next time you do get a break of Sun, let it bask for a couple of hours.

I have a 8 year old Citizen Largo EcoDrive, I rarely wear it, and it has run continuously since I got it.

I set the solars by the window on occassion to "feed" them, but that's more me being anal than anything else.

Hope you enjoy. Solar is super low maint.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm maybe I was not smart in buying an Eco Drive in Michigan during the winter months :)

Well..here is my collection so far.....

not sure how to do pics yet....so hopefully this will work.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I live in dark and dreary Washington near Seattle where it rains like 9 months of the year and I never have any problems with my "solar" powered watches. My Casio Pro Trek instructions say it takes as little as 5 minutes of direct sunlight and if you live in the office it takes like 6-8 hours of fluorescent lighting to fully charge the puppy. I think you'll be safe even if you are from Michigan (I'm originally from NW Ohio, sorry about the OSU and UofM game). :-!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm another cloudy day in Michigan! Hmmmm ever since I have bought this watch, it is been fairly cloudy.....bad omen? :)

No offense taken about the U of M loss to OU....

I went to Virginia Tech! Go Hokies!

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Hmm another cloudy day in Michigan! Hmmmm ever since I have bought this watch, it is been fairly cloudy.....bad omen? :)

No offense taken about the U of M loss to OU....

I went to Virginia Tech! Go Hokies!

Seed!! it is indeed a bad omen, you really should have not bought it , so maybe you send it to me as I laugh in the face of omens, thus taking away YOUR bad one:-d:-d

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey there!

I think it is an omen that I should get the heck out of Michigan and go somewhere warmer with more Sun :)

Besides.....I cannot give the watch away yet....I need to find out how the Zilla affects my golf swing!

Maybe it will help :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts