WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

I had the occasion of being in NYC for business and visited the flagship store in times square this past week. While there I happened upon several not-seen-before watches (by me) and ended up buying a couple. The one i'm posting about specifically is the BM6838-09X at an msrp of $225.00. I think that I saw a picture of it in a previous years Baselworld press photos? Anyway, here's a few pics of the watch and then below it some real rarities to be able to see/hold in person. PLEASE do visit this store if you're in town, they're VERY good and informative, Kanako (salesperson) and the gentlemen who I presume is the store manager/owner were both EXCELLENT and very open to discussing with enthusiasm.

Once landed home I snapped a quick unbox:

Box&Contents.jpg

in the case (when I first saw it)

Case.jpg

More:

Tag.jpg

Caseback.jpg

additional pictures of the travel watches I had with me (white faced citizen auto also bought from them on this trip)

Family.jpg

Real watch .......

Campanola.jpg

Swiss Auto Campanola.jpg

Citizen One.jpg

View attachment 14195915

Big Money.jpg

Thoughts? anyone else have one of these handsome green affordables?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Congrats and thanks for the pictures. I’ve always wanted to visit that boutique. The green looks great. Surprising that there really isn’t much info online about it. Are the numbers lumed?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Also did you catch any info on the watches in your last pic next to the chronomaster? I’m especially intrigued by the blue dial. Interesting that they don’t have any markings besides Citizen on the dial.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also did you catch any info on the watches in your last pic next to the chronomaster? I’m especially intrigued by the blue dial. Interesting that they don’t have any markings besides Citizen on the dial.
Believe it's the citizen 0100 caliber lineup, japanese market.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For some reason my mind kinda crossed my existing Citizen BM8180-03E with a classic Timex Weekender... I think that's why it's so attractive to me. Nostalgic even.

This

Real Weekender.jpg

Plus This

BM8180-03E Chandler.JPG

Side By Side Comparison (same as above in OG post)

Family.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
got a lot of attention on this when i wore it this weekend. a buddy of mine is into citizens and seikos, he said it caught his eye. i hope this one catches on, maybe we'll see more offerings in the US if Citizen Japan sees we like things that they don't sell here!?

·
Registered
635 Posts
got a lot of attention on this when i wore it this weekend. a buddy of mine is into citizens and seikos, he said it caught his eye. i hope this one catches on, maybe we'll see more offerings in the US if Citizen Japan sees we like things that they don't sell here!?
I hope so too. My favorite watches always seem to be the ones that are only available in other markets.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Great thing about the internet is you can get just about any watch you want if you do some looking around! My daily watch is a JDM Citizen and I love it!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I was gong to pick up a Citizen BM6838-09X before Christmas. I found one a few months back in a store and really liked it. I was very disappointed to see that only the hands had been lumed. I wish Citizen had lumed the numerals and markers on the dial (like similar previous watches of this design). Anyhow it was kind of a deal breaker for me, along with the mineral crystal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts