WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Citizen Watch Company# This forum got me going on Seiko watches and I bought a couple, and have enjoyed them. I've now developed somewhat of an interest in Citizens, and that seems to be a more bewildering world to navigate. I solicit your advice. I'm thinking about getting this watch as a birthday gift for a person in their late 20's. This person is a typical smart phone user of that generation, but has some interest in watches, although has been limited to fashion watches by budget. The person is also a bit of a science geek, in the best sense of that description. This watch would not be a forever watch, as I would like to get a nice mechanical when finances allow. But I thought this one seemed fairly useful, and the design seemed fairly hip without going overboard. The obvious problem is that I'm just too darn old to know what young people consider stylish these days! Also, knowing nothing about Citizen, I wanted to ask the wizards here if you had any praise or cautionary notes about this watch. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
I'd say that's a pretty good choice based on your reasoning. That watch uses the super common H501 movement, so it should have zero issues with it's functions. It also has a typical lug design, so replacing the strap once it wears out will be super easy. The black IP coating is fairly robust too. It uses a mineral crystal which will get scratched over time, but as the person this is going to uses "fashion watches" anyways, I'm sure they're quite used to this.

As far as fashionable, it seems fine to me...but I'm not in my 20s anymore either :p

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Citizen Watch Company# This forum got me going on Seiko watches and I bought a couple, and have enjoyed them. I've now developed somewhat of an interest in Citizens, and that seems to be a more bewildering world to navigate. I solicit your advice. I'm thinking about getting this watch as a birthday gift for a person in their late 20's. This person is a typical smart phone user of that generation, but has some interest in watches, although has been limited to fashion watches by budget. The person is also a bit of a science geek, in the best sense of that description. This watch would not be a forever watch, as I would like to get a nice mechanical when finances allow. But I thought this one seemed fairly useful, and the design seemed fairly hip without going overboard. The obvious problem is that I'm just too darn old to know what young people consider stylish these days! Also, knowing nothing about Citizen, I wanted to ask the wizards here if you had any praise or cautionary notes about this watch. Thanks in advance.
Well that definitely fits the description of 'geek watch'(in a good way).
Without knowing the person the watch is intended for it would just be pure speculation as to whether he would like it.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Really Nice !

Thanks for the encouragement, and pictures, Kurt. I think the red and black is right for the gift recipient, but I like them all. I guess it's a good gift if you want to get one for yourself. Haha, impulse is growing to put a "2" in the item number box. That could be subject for another thread--do you talk yourself into a new watch when you buy one for someone else?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts