WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DSCN0206.JPG
DSCN0207.JPG

Hi. I just bought this at the flea market for GBP 10. Can someone please help tell me more about this watch? When it was made? Thanks

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Not my field at all, but it has the word 'waterproof' on the back which was dropped at the end of the 60's but has a date window - uncommon at the start of that decade - so I'd guess at mid 60's.

But a Citizen collector - or anyone with more knowledge than me - may know more.

If its working its a nice find. A new crystal would transform it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'd say it was 1960s. I have the silver dialled version somewhere. I bought mine from a flea market too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum.

Not my field at all, but it has the word 'waterproof' on the back which was dropped at the end of the 60's but has a date window - uncommon at the start of that decade - so I'd guess at mid 60's.

But a Citizen collector - or anyone with more knowledge than me - may know more.

If its working its a nice find. A new crystal would transform it.
It is working and I have tested it for 24 hours against my TAG HEUR and it is absolutely accurate. Many thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is accurate and works perfectly. Many thanks for your comments. Looks like my GBP 10 is worth it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I have just started to collect old wrist watches. This one works perfectly. I will hold on to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts