WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like these two watch ,the citizen nighthawk and the tissot prc200.
Could you give some advice that which one i should chosse? thank you very much!

and the nighthawk

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
the Tissot is too shiny for me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I like these two watch ,the citizen nighthawk and the tissot prc200.
Could you give some advice that which one i should chosse? thank you very much!

and the nighthawk
I own the Nighthawk with the Original Black Leather Strap--BJ7000-01E--and love it. I own over 30 Citizen Eco-Drives, and the Nighthawk is definitely in the Top Five.
Mr. Larry Biggs has written a wonderful and defintive article on all the Nighthawk variations:
http://larrybiggs.net/scwf/index.php?mod=103&action=0&id=1148154188
Anyone interested in The Citizen Nighthawk should check it out...extremely cogent and informative.
Cheers,
DannyOh

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
if you don't care about having or not a chrono on your watch, choose the nighthawk.... as it is eco-drive, tough, and timeless.
The prc200 is also timeless, and a great chronograph (i own one), but, for me, neither is it solar-powered, nor kinetic-powered, so, for me, it is a no-go !
I was gifted a PRC200 (on black leather strap), and i like it, but i do prefer my citizens (eco-drive), over it.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I used to own both of these watches. I had the bracelet version of the PRC200 and the PVD Nighthawk.

Obviously, it comes down to personal preference, but I would choose the Nighthawk over the Tissot any day. The Nighthawk is an iconic pilot-style tool watch that features a sweet internal sliderule bezel, Eco-Drive, and a unique implementation of a GMT or 2nd timezone. It wears much larger and feels much sturdier than the delicate-feeling PRC.

The only real downsides are the large, unprotected scratch-prone mineral crystal (this watch really needs sapphire) and the difficult to read dial.

The Tissot on the other hand, is a nice albeit plain watch. It has a sapphire crystal, nice, comfortable bracelet, and a fancy presentation box and books. To be honest, I tired of this watch very quickly because nothing about it - other than the yellow hands - excited me. Sure, it's Swiss made, but to ne honest the Japanese Citizen is built much better. Even the Swiss chrono movement in the PRC is boring and there is nothing at all special about it...a this movement can probably be purchased for $20 brand new.

With all of that said, buy whichever you like - which you probably already have done. Definitely check out the all-black PVD version of the Nighthawk. I picked mine up here in near-new condition for $120 shipped!! I traded it away a while back and regret it every day. I'll post pics when I get back to my PC tonight.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just got a T-Touch. I loved it so much that I got a PRS330 (good looking watch). After 2 weeks with these new toys I still go to my Nighthawk...it still hold its own with my other watches and it also gets good wrist time. I have the rubber strap version and it is a good looking and well built piece. I would go for the nighthawk as I think that the 200 is a bit below the Hawk

·
Registered
922 Posts
I had several Tissots but I always found the dial and hands are not very "sleek" / refine. Just got a Nighthawk today and I really like it :)

·
Registered
848 Posts
This forum is probably a bit biased but hands down the Nighthawk. The Tissot looks so generic, it seems like it should be a prop used in a movie set.

·
Registered
325 Posts
As always, the nighthawk tears down all watches in it's class.

I own one too and I completely agree that it's one if a kind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts