WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Why are they so cheap everywhere except europe?

Amazon Germany has the rubber band black dial in stock for 220 euro! That's like 232 dollars.

Bracelet version is being sold for 280 on some sites.

Got mine (rubber strap) on an Amazon lightning deal for 145€ and thought that I got a good deal.

Why are they so cheap in other countries?
Another chance to get the last train, offered from a reputable seller Oiritaly - the best and most client caring of all Ive shopped from. Grab the bargain (208 Eur) here:
https://oiritaly.it/_i/45299/orologio-citizen-promaster.html
Shipping is an express one with DHL etc. and not expensive. I paid 15 Eur within EC.
It must be some last quantities discounted saleout...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Why are they so cheap everywhere except europe?

Amazon Germany has the rubber band black dial in stock for 220 euro! That's like 232 dollars.

Bracelet version is being sold for 280 on some sites.

Got mine (rubber strap) on an Amazon lightning deal for 145€ and thought that I got a good deal.

Why are they so cheap in other countries?
Another chance to get the last train, offered from a reputable seller Oiritaly - the best and most client caring of all Ive shopped from. Grab the bargain (208 Eur) here:
https://oiritaly.it/_i/45299/orologio-citizen-promaster.html
Shipping is an express one with DHL etc. and not expensive. I paid 15 Eur within EC.
It must be some last quantities discounted saleout... And it comes with the yellow diver's air bottle tank box too....

·
Registered
909 Posts
Likely. This is what DFI says after my inquiry:
4.jpg

A bit sad though. I would very much like to get a brand new 09W for 160 bucks...

·
Registered
30 Posts
So if I'm interested in this watch I should grab one on the bay before the prices go up? Or do we know if citizen are planning to update that watch?

·
Registered
693 Posts
trott3r

Congrats How much was it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I just sold my blue dial one only due to having other blue sunburst dial watches, kinda missing it already

·
Registered
909 Posts
Well, got an mail the other day from DFI:
5.jpg
But I only found it sold out. Then I had to ask whether it was a mistake. Here's their reply:
4.jpg

Maybe Citizen re-started production? Maybe it's absolutely the last few pieces? Who knows...

·
Registered
19 Posts
7in wrist wears smaller than Seiko 007, running about 2-3 seconds slow compared to time.gov. I have had about a month, from Italy, arrived with yellow scuba tank box. Could not capture blue dial in photo.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Adopt one while you still can, give him a shelter, they're soon to be extinct species.
I had been looking this watch from 2009, always on the edge of buying it, but thinking - ˝I don't need another diver˝.
Finally pulled the trigger yesterday, and I couldn't be more satisfied - this is truly one of the classics.

IMG_20170812_162410.jpg

IMG_20170812_163326.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys. I have sourced a Citizen NY0040 black dial piece from ebay preowned. I am looking for a bezel and a bezel insert for the same. Any suggestions or pointers on where can i get them will be really helpful.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
love it. Bought one for just $80 about a year and a half ago. Had it stolen when I was in Peru though. Are they really going out? Need to find another for sure

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
NY0040 is no longer in production, it has been replaced by new generation of Promaster divers, both automatic and ecodrive.

as soon as stock run out, it will not be available anymore, atleast for "brand new" purchase. Get yours while you can.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Well the new fugu lines are very similar and still available. They’re mostly all limited editions if I’m not mistaken so grab em while they last. They come in all sorts of colorway too. Here’s my red/white fugu

Yea that puffer/fugu plush came with the watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 57 of 57 Posts