Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Dive Watch Fans :-!

Just popping in to share a review I wrote of the Citizen NY0040, which I believe is hugely overlooked in the watch community.

I hope you enjoy the review - Citizen NY0040 Review - TheWatchFace

Please tell me what you think :)

Kind regards,
Karl

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
I love mine. I don't wear it every day but it runs about 5 secs fast which I'm happy with. Much better than the Seiko 7s26 movements.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Just curious,are you just trying to promote your blog? You have started 3 threads and they all include the Seiko 009 or Citizen NY0040.
One was a comparison between the 2. Then the Seiko review by itself. Now the Citizen.

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love mine. I don't wear it every day but it runs about 5 secs fast which I'm happy with. Much better than the Seiko 7s26 movements.
Yeah much more accurate, cool!

Thanks for the comment :)

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just curious,are you just trying to promote your blog? You have started 3 threads and they all include the Seiko 009 or Citizen NY0040.
One was a comparison between the 2. Then the Seiko review by itself. Now the Citizen.
Not really, I'm just writing content which I am passionate about but instead of publishing it on here I'm publishing it on my blog and then sharing a link to hopefully help people out and share a resource! :)

·
Registered
913 Posts
Not really, I'm just writing content which I am passionate about but instead of publishing it on here I'm publishing it on my blog and then sharing a link to hopefully help people out and share a resource! :)
But like I said, the three treads you started all cover the same thing.

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But like I said, the three treads you started all cover the same thing.
Well the comparison doesn't go as in depth on the individual watches, and I got a lot of emails asking me to do individual reviews so I did :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Some years ago someone put an SKX to the test to see how much pressure it could withstand. I believe it also went to 500m.

This is probably engineered into these designs as a safety factor, pretty common in mechanical engineering practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Some years ago someone put an SKX to the test to see how much pressure it could withstand. I believe it also went to 500m.

This is probably engineered into these designs as a safety factor, pretty common in mechanical engineering practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well as ISO certified diving watches they have to be tested to 125% of their pressure rating anyway, but 500 is a lot!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Nice review, I have the ny0040-09w and highly recommend it. Although it is a bit on the smaller side it is very comfortable and stands out as a quality low-price all-lume dive watch.

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice review, I have the ny0040-09w and highly recommend it. Although it is a bit on the smaller side it is very comfortable and stands out as a quality low-price all-lume dive watch.
Thanks man! Yeah totally agree :)

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can any one comment on the lume on the full Lume Dial version? Is it usable or fades to be not usable after like an hour?
Would be interested in knowing that too! All I have is the black dialled version.

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How does it stack up against the Seiko SKX009?

Find out here - http://thewatchface.com/seiko-skx009-review/

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Please share pictures of your Citizen NY0040 too! :) Thanks!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.