WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hy!
I received this watch and I have no idea about what it is, or what its value might be. Any
information would help. the back of the watch has 6501 ; 4-651201 Y ; AUTOMATIC ; 30410111 ; 61-6818,
water resistant,stainless steel ,front JAPAN 6501-652841-Y.
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
I can't help you, but if you get no response in here try the Seiko/Citizen forum Seiko & Citizen

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Hi there,

...or what its value might be.
We try our best to prevent valuations. And for this paticular watch it is still more useless than usual: I guess, most won't pay nothing because it is ugly, others pay much just because it is so ugly. Finally the value depends on your personal luck, and nothing else.

....the watch has 6501 ; 4-651201 Y ; AUTOMATIC ; 30410111 ; 61-6818,
water resistant,stainless steel ,front JAPAN 6501-652841-Y.
My first thought: Citizen must have rather efficient machines to engrave and print numbers on watches, else they would still work on their fist watch. However, one number, the 6501 indicates that this tiny lady movement is inside:
bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Citizen 6501

Regards, Roland Ranfft

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
(...) most won't pay nothing because it is ugly, others pay much just because it is so ugly. (...)
Well, I count into the latter group. After all, beauty (and ugliness, too) is in the eye of the beholder ;-) And I liked the looks of this thing, in particular the crystal's shape and the Caladan-green dial. (;-) Maybe I should add, that I liked David Lynch's "Dune" movie of 1984, and particularly well the set it was filmed in, with all this 1900-ish furniture.)

Citizen Leto medium.JPG

(...) one number, the 6501 indicates that this tiny lady movement is inside:
bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Citizen 6501
The movement maybe tiny, but it is sturdy and surprisingly precise. Recommended!

Best regards
Andreas

·
Registered
597 Posts
Not sure if it is just unusual or ugly.........but eitherway I like it! :) Nice watch. I have a few ugly watches that I absolutely love. Nice to be different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts