WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Looks good but I’d be really surprised if this wasn’t a 44-45mm watch. Citizen seems to be unable to jump off the oversized watch bandwagon unfortunately.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Dig it.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Looks good but I’d be really surprised if this wasn’t a 44-45mm watch. Citizen seems to be unable to jump off the oversized watch bandwagon unfortunately.
Oversized? Really? Not all of us watch enthusiasts want a tiny sub 40mm watch. I have no issues pulling off those "massive" 44+ mm watches on my moderate 7" wrist. I think this looks pretty decent and if its in the 44mm or larger category I just might buy one ;)

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
The new Citizen Promaster Tough model’s are finally up on the US Citizen website. Thankfully they are only 42mm and have a sapphire crystal with a 2 piece monocoque case. They use the E168 Eco-Drive movement from their diver’s with a 6 month power reserve. I’m really considering getting one of these.

Here’s the description from the bracelet model:

Test the extremes with the brand new CITIZEN Promaster Tough series. Living up to its name, this timepiece features a monocoque case (2 piece construction resulting in no caseback) resulting in extreme rigidity, shock resistance and anti-magnetism. Super Titanium™ coating on a stainless steel case and bracelet allowing for anti-rust, scratch resistance, hypo-allergenic and 5X harder than stainless steel. Other features include, ISO compliancy, anti-reflective sapphire crystal, super LumiNova hands and markers and ability to function in extreme temperatures. Featuring our Eco-Drive technology – powered by light, any light. Never needs a battery. Caliber number E168.

Link to Promaster USA site: https://us.citizenwatch.com/us/en/promaster/

BN0211-50E, $495

BN0211-09X, $425

BN0217-02E, $425

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am genuinely interested in who did write the description and if he or she is even remotely relevant to watches.

Super titanium coating on a stainless steel case though sounds like a breakthrough technology

I also like the two piece monocoque case

Other than that , I really wish citizen had chosen a bit more sophisticated movement than this one.
Any movement with the perfex system would do ( impact detection and automatic hands correction after a shock) . Power save function would also be welcome .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
The new Citizen Promaster Tough model’s are finally up on the US Citizen website. Thankfully they are only 42mm and have a sapphire crystal with a 2 piece monocoque case. They use the E168 Eco-Drive movement from their diver’s with a 6 month power reserve. I’m really considering getting one of these.

Here’s the description from the bracelet model:

Test the extremes with the brand new CITIZEN Promaster Tough series. Living up to its name, this timepiece features a monocoque case (2 piece construction resulting in no caseback) resulting in extreme rigidity, shock resistance and anti-magnetism. Super Titanium™ coating on a stainless steel case and bracelet allowing for anti-rust, scratch resistance, hypo-allergenic and 5X harder than stainless steel. Other features include, ISO compliancy, anti-reflective sapphire crystal, super LumiNova hands and markers and ability to function in extreme temperatures. Featuring our Eco-Drive technology – powered by light, any light. Never needs a battery. Caliber number E168.

Link to Promaster USA site: https://us.citizenwatch.com/us/en/promaster/

BN0211-50E, $495

BN0211-09X, $425

BN0217-02E, $425
Green looks very interesting!

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Good looking watches. Would make a nice Summer beater. I'm definitely picking one of these up, but just need to decide on color.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts