WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks to Mini, Dr. Roberts, COA and everyone who helped me make my latest and greatest purchase.b-)

Presentation

Citizen's Grand Complications come 3 boxes. An outer shell, a secondary box and then the actual watch box. All the boxes are dark blue. My GC came unopened wrapped in protective plastic. Very nice presentation.

Dial/Face

Absolutely stunning imo. You have 4 colors. Black, white, yellow and steel. Normally, these colors may not play well together, but Citizen's Grand Complication pulls it off wonderfully.Gorgeous, classy, tastesful and attention to detail immediately came to mind, when i first laid eyes on this beauty.
The combination of colors are beautiful, with none overpowering the others. In ambient light the face color looks like a titanium color, instead of white. The white face and the and the holes lend depth and character to a busy face. I love the way all the information is intelligently and thoughtfully laid out. Attention to detail is the prevailing theme here fellas.

Bracelet

The bracelet is very comfortable and the best i've ever worn. Its fit and finish are top notch. Brushed and polished to perfection, it relects light beautifully. The clasp/buckle is the kind with the hidden release and looks very nice as well. At 182 g, the watch feels perfectly balanced on my 7' wrist. Only thing missing is a micro adjustment.

Caseback

The is very cool. Citizen's fiery phoenix is deeply etched in the center and the holes for the minute repeater chime look precisely machine cut. 4 main screws securely attach the the caseback.

Crystal

What can i say. This double AR coated sapphire goodness is almost invisible at every angle. I feel like i can reach in an touch the hands. Looks better than my jdm promaster imo.

Lume

The lume is Citizen's cool blue. The lume is only applied to the hour and minute hands only. None on the indices or on any of the other hands. The lume is bright and will probably last loooong into the night. I'll post some when my camera recharges.

Features

The minute repeater sounds simply wonderful. A musical treat for the ears and a nice departure from the same ole 'ding' from regular alarms. The 12 hour chrono works great and is a snap to access. Citizen's included interactive cd make operating the watch a breeze.

Conclusion.

Citizen has a winner on its hands. The Grand Complication is an outstanding timepiece and an AMAZING value for the money. Now i need to watch the cd and set the time, lol. Thanks for lookingb-)

Reactions: CitizenM

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
eek! I'm not a fan of gold tone watches, but this one looks brilliant! Citizen and Seiko are really pulling out all the stops with GC, Sig, and Ananta.

Wear that beauty in the best of health Joe and may it continue to put a big fat smile on your face when you gaze at it b-)

And what cool shots by the fire....I love fires when the cold weather hits...makes me want a fireplace!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dan. The gold accents are very subtle, especially at a distance. And yes, i got a big Kool Aid smile going right now, lol. Lust mode, engaged:p

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Thanks Dan. The gold accents are very subtle, especially at a distance. And yes, i got a big Kool Aid smile going right now, lol. Lust mode, engaged:p
bah Hahah! Awesome and I'm bettin' it lasts you a long time |>

And about the subtle gold accents...each time I see a watch with these I like them more.

Who knows... maybe I will have an all gold watch one day...they will come back in like small watches are going to come back in style...yeah!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for the great review and enjoy it in good health. I can definitely see a Signature Series watch in my future...

·
Registered
10,198 Posts
Congrats.............beautiful watch, wear it in good health. Don't bother w/ cd, go on Citizen Sig. website they have an easy tutorial on how to set it up etc.

·
Banned
5,606 Posts
You and the Doc are killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to the both of you. This excellent review/pictorial further solidifies my decision to get the GC with SS bracelet and white dial. 2010 can't come soon enough!!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You and the Doc are killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to the both of you. This excellent review/pictorial further solidifies my decision to get the GC with SS bracelet and white dial. 2010 can't come soon enough!!
LOL! Thanks Mini. Dont blame us, its all Citizens fault:-d

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
:rodekaart :rodekaart

Motorcityjoe is now *Officially* an ENABLER!

Good work mate :-!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Who me? Well, if you insist Dan;-)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Mini. My manual focus and lume shots still need work though. Practice makes perfect;-)

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Nice one !!!

The minute repeater sounds simply wonderful. A musical treat for the ears and a nice departure from the same ole 'ding' from regular alarms. The 12 hour chrono works great and is a snap to access. Citizen's included interactive cd make operating the watch a breeze.
Can you compare the sound with the one in a caliber 9000 ? I wonder if they changed the chimes and also if the WR100 makes any difference in how loud the sound is ...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts