WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I have a Citizen Skyhawk Blue Angels watch and i beleive the eco drive battery needs replacing,can anyone here please direct me to the correct battery
i beleive it is a (U60) calibre number.
its a really nice watch and i want to be able to wear it again.
thanks in advance for your assistance.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Have you tried leaving it in direct sunlight for several days? If so, contact Citizen directly. Customer service has always been great for me and very reasonable price wise.

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried leaving it in direct sunlight for several days? If so, contact Citizen directly. Customer service has always been great for me and very reasonable price wise.

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra
Yes I have had it in light for 4 days now and it has charged but seems to become depleted quite quickly.
Unfortunately here in Australia the service from citizen is poor at best,I have ordered a new battery through a jewlery store who were very helpful.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've only had to deal with Citizen service once here in Oz but found them, whilst slow, to be thoroughly professional. I've seen other people say they have had bad experiences but it wasn't my experience.

Anyway, most reputable watchmakers should be able to replace it for you for pretty cheap. I had the capacitor changed in my JR3090-58L about 6 months ago at Thomas' Timepieces in Newcastle (link), think it cost about $40-$50.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've only had to deal with Citizen service once here in Oz but found them, whilst slow, to be thoroughly professional. I've seen other people say they have had bad experiences but it wasn't my experience.

Anyway, most reputable watchmakers should be able to replace it for you for pretty cheap. I had the capacitor changed in my JR3090-58L about 6 months ago at Thomas' Timepieces in Newcastle (link), think it cost about $40-$50.
My watch(skyhawk blue angels) will run ok for 1 - 2 weeks then stops with error on the digital screen,
When I did send it to citizen quite a while ago they said the movement had to be replaced and quoted around $700aud I paid $400 for it ,
I'm wondering if anyone has had this error issue

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
$700aud is way too high. It should be about $200 for the movement to be replaced, plus 8 weeks without your watch. Which movement do you have? The Calibre number should be on the case back.
1 letter and 3 numbers ie (e660, H820...)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$700aud is way too high. It should be about $200 for the movement to be replaced, plus 8 weeks without your watch. Which movement do you have? The Calibre number should be on the case back.
1 letter and 3 numbers ie (e660, H820...)
Its a U600 movement,i remeber being so annoyed with citizen at the time when they quoted the price i told them to send back the watch,i paid for the shipping to and from also.

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
I feel your pain. The U600 is an old movement, but I have a hard time believing that there is anything wrong with the movement if it works properly for any time at all. I don't think of these as degrading, but either working or not working. Perhaps replacing the compaciter, or having it replaced, is a good place to start. I believe that your original question was what compaciter to get. I don't know the answer to that question. Does anyone one else here?

Actually, using google I found Citizen Ecodrive Capacitor Panasonic CTL920F f (U600-U700) I don't know if that is correct, but it is a good place to start(y)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I feel your pain. The U600 is an old movement, but I have a hard time believing that there is anything wrong with the movement if it works properly for any time at all. I don't think of these as degrading, but either working or not working. Perhaps replacing the compaciter, or having it replaced, is a good place to start. I believe that your original question was what compaciter to get. I don't know the answer to that question. Does anyone one else here?

Actually, using google I found Citizen Ecodrive Capacitor Panasonic CTL920F f (U600-U700) I don't know if that is correct, but it is a good place to start(y)
After some research i found it is 295-6900 capacitor and a local jeweler can order it for $35aud i think thats my only option now so i will give it a go
thanks to everyone here for the assistance

·
Registered
92 Posts
My watch(skyhawk blue angels) will run ok for 1 - 2 weeks then stops with error on the digital screen,
When I did send it to citizen quite a while ago they said the movement had to be replaced and quoted around $700aud I paid $400 for it ,
I'm wondering if anyone has had this error issue
Wow that is crap! I had a complete overhaul of my original Blue Angels (JN0040-58L), new movement, hands, crystal and pusher seals and it was like $300. Admittedly they had the watch for about 9 weeks whilst they waited for a movement to come from Japan, but I was ultimately very happy with the job and the price. Not sure why they wanted so much for your watch 🤷‍♂️

Best of luck with the repair, hope it works and you get your watch back up and running.

·
Registered
5,877 Posts
What kind of error is the watch giving you? Just a low charge error. Try leaving it in a sunny place for a week. At night put it by a light (like a desk lamp) so that it is getting light for 24 hours 7 days and see. It is not uncommon to have a Citizen or Seiko to look fully charged and go low again after removing it from the sun.

Give it a bit of time

If you have to replace the capacitor/storage battery then make sure to check to see if there is a reset procedure. You said U600, is this a radio controlled watch? Are you even able to get a signal for it down there. That might be the drain right there. It is trying to get a signal it will never get.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What kind of error is the watch giving you? Just a low charge error. Try leaving it in a sunny place for a week. At night put it by a light (like a desk lamp) so that it is getting light for 24 hours 7 days and see. It is not uncommon to have a Citizen or Seiko to look fully charged and go low again after removing it from the sun.

Give it a bit of time

If you have to replace the capacitor/storage battery then make sure to check to see if there is a reset procedure. You said U600, is this a radio controlled watch? Are you even able to get a signal for it down there. That might be the drain right there. It is trying to get a signal it will never get.
Hi Journeyforce,I really don't know what type of error
It will just say error on the right hand digital screen and stop,I have charged it in daylight (not direct sun it's very hot)
It seems to have charged ok and is running atm,yes there is no radio signal here,When it has stopped I reset it and set the reference point of the hands(tedious task) and set the time,and generally it has an error from 1-2 weeks later,
Is it possible to turn of the radio reception?
Your help is appreciated thanks

·
Registered
5,877 Posts
Hi Journeyforce,I really don't know what type of error
It will just say error on the right hand digital screen and stop,I have charged it in daylight (not direct sun it's very hot)
It seems to have charged ok and is running atm,yes there is no radio signal here,When it has stopped I reset it and set the reference point of the hands(tedious task) and set the time,and generally it has an error from 1-2 weeks later,
Is it possible to turn of the radio reception?
Your help is appreciated thanks

Yes you can shut the radio off

Here is a copy of the instructions

Look to page 67 to 70 for this procedure.

Good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts