WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a budget diver, (70-90 range) and I like the citizen and orient divers. I was wondering which you all would chose between the two I picked. Obviously one is a quartz movement while the other is automatic. I like mechanical watches but quartz wouldnt be bad. Please contrast and compare if you all are feeling frisky.. lol :thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I think I will go with the orient, so does anyone have experience with orient watches. How are they compared to seiko 5's in terms of quality, fit and finish?

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Never owned any muxinick but there are plenty of Orient guys over in the Affordables Forum.
I generally hear positive comments.
You might post up over there buddy.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'll try and help out here... I have owned a Citizen Eco-drive Aqualand divers watch for about 5 years. the thing has held up very well under a lot of hard use, a lot of scrapes, bumps, and drops. As far as water usage, i've used it multiple times at the beach and in up to 30 feet of water depth, so from that perspective, it worked perfect everytime.

in year 4, i had to send it in to get the crown replaced (60$). i consider this my fault though-- i think i was always tightening it too hard and stripping the crown for years, and eventually it lost the threading. i consider this my fault though in not being more careful.

try to avoid getting a Citizen with the "ion-plating" on it, be it the gold plating or black. the paint will scratch off over time.

I personally like your choice of the white citizen face with the pepsi around the bezel. good choice.

i like my Citizen Diver a lot, and would buy another one if mine broke or got lost or something. I have no experience with those other brands. Try investigating on the affordable watch forum, or the seiko forum, or citizen forum also if you have time...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts