WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!!

I recently have been acknowledging the value seiko/citizen brings to the table and I have been looking to purchase my first serious seiko/citizen watch. My question is what are the model no. of both watches posted on the upper right hand corner of this subforum? I specifically like the citizen with the red second hand!!

-Jack

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If anyone is interested the Citizen is a Promaster Airdiver PMX56-3002. What a beauty!!

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
If anyone is interested the Citizen is a Promaster AirdiverPMX56-3002. What a beauty!!
Heya Jack it is a cool watch indeed! Welcome to the forum and the other watch in the pic is a black Sumo. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help. BTW do you know where I can find that watch? I prefer to buy one used, although Im having a hard time finding it new..... lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Jack,

Like you I really love the look of that PMX56-3002! I've read jbdan's picture-rich review countless times!
Now, I have been searching the interweb for months trying to find this watch. I ended up with three options, they all told me they keep stock of this watch. The "big three" from Japan could not get it anymore.

- eBay seller 2009madeinjapan. Ordered, but quickly got a not in stock email. Hey, why advertise it then... Luckily they refunded promptly!
- eBay seller ace_of_bicycle_2004 . Was ready to order from him, but he stopped responding to my questions. Thought that was not a good sign so didn't order at all.
- Finally: joynetmall.com. They respond to emails quickly, and I decided to order from them. They shipped the watch quickly, unfortunately customs in my country thought it a good idea to keep the watch for two weeks... And I'll have to pay an extra €100 import fees. But it will be delivered to my house by tomorrow!!!

I'll post here if it is really a brand new one. It may be easier finding a secondhand on these forums, but I haven't tried.

·
Registered
233 Posts
BTW do you know where I can find that watch? I prefer to buy one used, although Im having a hard time finding it new..... lol
Oy - clear off! I've been scouring the for sale forums for the last 2 months looking for one of these!

Higuchi and Chino both said they were out; Seiya had no stock but was hoping to find one for me, but has been off ill recently. So that leaves me looking for one too. My watch purchasing has been slowed down a bit waiting for the insurance company to give me the OK after my watches were stolen last month, but I'm hoping to get one of these ordered this week.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Don't forget about that Orange Monster making an appearance!! :-! (though, you're already more than aware, right? ;-) )
Ahh yes I totally forgot about that! The macro lume OM on the left side of the banner :-!

Guys you can also try StarMart on the bay. GL finding one post pics if you get!

·
Registered
17 Posts
So, yesterday the PMX56-3002 was indeed delivered to my house! I've dreamt that upon opening the case, I would find a yellow and blue striped watch, screaming "PLASTIC DIVE WATCH" over the bracelet :-x:-d

But no, the box really contained the Citizen I had been looking for for so long! It looks just like jbdan's photo's, just gorgeous. Very happy!

Well, I can say now, if you're still looking for this particular watch: ask the people at joynetmall.com if they still have stock. Good luck!!

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
So, yesterday the PMX56-3002 was indeed delivered to my house! I've dreamt that upon opening the case, I would find a yellow and blue striped watch, screaming "PLASTIC DIVE WATCH" over the bracelet :-x:-d

But no, the box really contained the Citizen I had been looking for for so long! It looks just like jbdan's photo's, just gorgeous. Very happy!

Well, I can say now, if you're still looking for this particular watch: ask the people at joynetmall.com if they still have stock. Good luck!!
Awesome reiker congrats on it & enjoy :-!

Post pics if you can!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Awesome reiker congrats on it & enjoy :-!

Post pics if you can!
Thanks jbdan :) I will post a few pics for sure, but it will be some time; I'm leaving on holiday for 2,5 weeks this afternoon, so I'm quite busy packing all my stuff right now :)

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Thanks jbdan :) I will post a few pics for sure, but it will be some time; I'm leaving on holiday for 2,5 weeks this afternoon, so I'm quite busy packing all my stuff right now :)
Have a great vacation/trip be safe!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
I just grabbed one of these on the sales forum. It should arrive tomorrow. I have to admit that it was because of jbdan's review that I pulled the trigger. I was set to order a new PMX56-2811 from Higuchi's site when I saw the listing for the PMX56-3002. I had seen pictures of it, but wasn't really sold on it until I read jbdan's review. I'll let you all know what I think when it arrives.

Regards,
Matthew

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Thanks watcho kind words as always :)

Matthew congrats on the 3002 post your pics when you can look forward to hearing how you like it!

·
Registered
824 Posts
My citizen PMX56-3002 arrived from member petew the other day and I finally got around to taking some pictures of it. I had an orange NATO strap laying around and decided to see what it looked like on that. For more pictures and a mini review (what can be said that jbdan hasn't already said?) check out my mini review here.

Regards,
Matthew

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know Im about 5 days late on this reply.... However congrats reiker on the acquisition!!! The watch is trully phenomenal!!!

Hopefully I can post a pic of my own PMX56-3002 soon! BTW I agree with the general concensus about jbdan's review. It is so detailed that it makes me want to fly to Asia and find one of these bad boys.

So far I've had no luck finding this watch in the CONUS.. (you are very lucky Matt)

-Jack

·
Registered
233 Posts
So far I've had no luck finding this watch in the CONUS..
And I've had all sorts of difficulties trying to find a new one from Japan. It's no longer made by Citizen, and supplies are drying up fast.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts