WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I thought someone might testify to Citizen's black ion coating's toughness,durability
AND
while I'm asking, how's strap code's black coated mesh as well?
saw this awesome new black Navihawk and thought how great it would look on mesh,
But I'm worried it will look like a zebra before long
thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
7,811 Posts
I have four black Citizens one of them about 5 y.o. and they hold pretty well. Of course it also depends from what kind of activity you do with them on your wrist. The black Navihawk is a feather on rubber but I would think twice before adding the weight of a bracelet.

CIMG2244.JPG

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I had a PVD Skyhawk AT for awhile. I don't recall any wear on the coating, and I wore it quite a bit before I flipped it. From my experience, I'd say it's durable.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Kilovolt, what is the model of your watch? I really like that the digital displays are reversed. Not a fan of the rubber band though, so my next question is do they make a version of your watch with the black ip bracelet like the JY0005-53E?

rubber band.JPG JY0005-53e.jpg

If not, does anyone know if the band from the JY0005-53e would fit on the first watch? Looks like the same case basically except for cosmetic differences. I am assuming they both share the same U600 module?

·
Premium Member
7,811 Posts
The watch is a JY8035-04E

Citizen JY8035-04E.jpg

AFAIK it is available only with a rubber strap but it is likely that one of the various Skyhawk bracelets can be fitted, the lugs width is 22 mm

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
The coating is pretty tough and does resist scratches. The only places of concern ar sharp edges as in the area of the lugs...

You can see where the inside edge of the lugs has begun to wear, but ever so slightly.
This watch is at least 20 years old!

·
Premium Member
7,811 Posts
If you are in the US you can try with this phone number that can be found in the Citizen website FAQS:

Cattura citizen.JPG

the case number on the Navihawk is S087881

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
From personal,ongoing experience there are no issues with Citizen's PVD coating.It's certainly as tough as Seikos,which is excellent.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
What would be the case number of the watch I pictured in post #7? I would need that case # to find out if Citizen still carries the black band of that model, and hopefully Citizen would be able to tell me if it would fit the Navihawk before I wind up having to buy either. I only want to buy both if they will fit for certain.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Called Citizen and they couldn't tell me if "X" watchband will fit a particular watch. They will only tell you if it has the same lug width, but mentioned they may be drilled differently and still may not fit despite having same lug widths. Sort of a wasted call.

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Called Citizen and they couldn't tell me if "X" watchband will fit a particular watch. They will only tell you if it has the same lug width, but mentioned they may be drilled differently and still may not fit despite having same lug widths. Sort of a wasted call.
Not wasted at all; you now know that all end links are not created equal and you will have to be careful in your search. The lug wisth is only one thing that you have to consider. Also extremely important are the case profile between the lugs and the position of the holes for the spring bars.

With the thousands of cases and bracelet styles that Citizen makes, I'm not surprised they wouldn't even venture a guess about inter model compatibility.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
But it did nothing to actually help me in finding a black metal bracelet that will fit a Navihawk that I just bought online. I don't care for the rubber band it comes with and will need a metal replacement ASAP.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts