WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

741 - 760 of 799 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Citizen H800 Limited Edition with sapphire crystal and 200m rated. Lotta watch. ;).

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Absolutely love the AQ6021-51E, it's just way out of my budget. Any chance ADs have this at significantly less?
Considering almost no one has any at any price...probably not. The 2 new models are a bit lower, but not much, and they also suggest the floor you'd tend to see. The situation may well be like when I got my Eco Drive One...I got a bit lucky finding a dealer advertising them, at about 15% below retail. And that was when the model I got, was just coming out.

Projecting from the A060 and Eco Drive One release patterns, it's probably going to be maybe 2 more years before the options expand...and unfortunately, the A060s have yet to come down. SOME of the Eco Drive Ones came out lower, but they actually didn't last. Several have pushed the price level of the original LE Eco Drive One.

So, unfortunately, I can't see a significant price drop on the 0100s. By significant, I mean more than about 20% from the prices for the 2020 releases.

Reactions: ronalddheld

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
Absolutely love the AQ6021-51E, it's just way out of my budget. Any chance ADs have this at significantly less?
Both ADs who I knew had stock from the second wave of availability in middle December are now out of stock. Both were willing to deal. Citizen USA still shows it as in stock, but I suspect from my probing in late 2019 that they'll only sell it at MSRP. Wouldn't hurt to make an offer though, and even if they won't deal on it, they might be willing to tell you what ADs - if any - still have it.

From what I hear, there won't be a third wave. What's still out there is it.

·
Premium Member
2,151 Posts
Both ADs who I knew had stock from the second wave of availability in middle December are now out of stock. Both were willing to deal. Citizen USA still shows it as in stock, but I suspect from my probing in late 2019 that they'll only sell it at MSRP. Wouldn't hurt to make an offer though, and even if they won't deal on it, they might be willing to tell you what ADs - if any - still have it.

From what I hear, there won't be a third wave. What's still out there is it.
Exactly. I got mine from them few weeks ago and it was at MSRP.

Now this one is coming too, albeit from Japan :)

·
Premium Member
5,722 Posts
I like the watch with the GTR. High precision Japanese tech. A great match.

·
Premium Member
2,151 Posts
It is only now after wearing the watch everyday for a month that I started to understand and appreciate the design they done on the bezel. Beautifully done on a smaller (38.+mm) watch making it look larger without the bulk of some other thick bezel designs out there..
Attention to details is great and clean lines are nice.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
It is only now after wearing the watch everyday for a month that I started to understand and appreciate the design they done on the bezel. Beautifully done on a smaller (38.+mm) watch making it look larger without the bulk of some other thick bezel designs out there..
Attention to details is great and clean lines are nice.

What's the box made out of? I'm still waiting for my AQ6021-51E. Apparently the box mine was in is not presentable so they're making a new one. It better be impressive given it's been a month with no ETA.

·
Premium Member
2,151 Posts
What's the box made out of? I'm still waiting for my AQ6021-51E. Apparently the box mine was in is not presentable so they're making a new one. It better be impressive given it's been a month with no ETA.
Ok, let's go on a box tour :)
Both my watches came with two boxes, albeit the watch purchased from Citizen USA was not inside them, but was in a plastic zip bag outside of those two and obviously inside the larger shipping box. I, honestly, did not like it much. The one from Japanese dealer was perfectly packaged with the watch securely inside the inner Citizen box.

Anyway, the outer Citizen box is just a generic retailer box made of quality cardboard of a sort.

Inside it is a specific to that model Citizen box.

This box is made of quality hard plastic and has usual watch pillow inside. Nothing really special, but nice box.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Ok, let's go on a box tour :)
Both my watches came with two boxes, albeit the watch purchased from Citizen USA was not inside them, but was in a plastic zip bag outside of those two and obviously inside the larger shipping box. I, honestly, did not like it much. The one from Japanese dealer was perfectly packaged with the watch securely inside the inner Citizen box.

Anyway, the outer Citizen box is just a generic retailer box made of quality cardboard of a sort.

Inside it is a specific to that model Citizen box.

This box is made of quality hard plastic and has usual watch pillow inside. Nothing really special, but nice box.
Yeah, that's not very interesting. Though I can see them taking a while to make it since it's not like any other Citizen watchbox. And since mine was one of the last, they probably have to restart the system to make that one box. I think the AR5014-04E had a cooler box. Especially since the watch is stored in a slit cut into the foam, showing off its thinness. Well, here's hoping they hurry up.

Reactions: SolarPower

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
I little late, but I've apparently got one of the last few (my AD mentioned when I got mine his Citizen rep said there was only a couple left) given the day after I ordered mine the Citizen USA put it as sold out. That said, I got a good deal. I called my AD to ask if I could get it. I asked for 15%. He gave me 25% and a 0% payment plan for 24 months without a check. Granted, I had a relationship with this salesperson/AD manager. I bought my AR5014-04E from him, and in between he moved to a further away store and I hunted him down and essentially "gave" him this second sale when I could've gone to the old store, so there was a bit of "scratch my back, I scratch yours." Especially given that the stores usually sell watches no more than $600 MSRP, so my two are probably "prestige" sales for the stores. In fact I hunted him down specifically because I thought the "regular" store salespeople would just turn me away for asking about such an expensive watch. They sell jewelry too, but nothing all that expensive. I bet each watch I bought was probably the biggest purchase each year at those stores. So I wouldn't expect this kind of deal generally. I might give him a 0200 while I'm at it with this kinda deal. I don't ever by watches on plans, but 0% over 24 months with no check? Too bad they only sell Citizen, Casio, and Bulova.

741 - 760 of 799 Posts