WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

761 - 780 of 799 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,151 Posts
I little late, but I've apparently got one of the last few (my AD mentioned when I got mine his Citizen rep said there was only a couple left) given the day after I ordered mine the Citizen USA put it as sold out. That said, I got a good deal. I called my AD to ask if I could get it. I asked for 15%. He gave me 25% and a 0% payment plan for 24 months without a check. Granted, I had a relationship with this salesperson/AD manager. I bought my AR5014-04E from him, and in between he moved to a further away store and I hunted him down and essentially "gave" him this second sale when I could've gone to the old store, so there was a bit of "scratch my back, I scratch yours." Especially given that the stores usually sell watches no more than $600 MSRP, so my two are probably "prestige" sales for the stores. In fact I hunted him down specifically because I thought the "regular" store salespeople would just turn me away for asking about such an expensive watch. They sell jewelry too, but nothing all that expensive. I bet each watch I bought was probably the biggest purchase each year at those stores. So I wouldn't expect this kind of deal generally. I might give him a 0200 while I'm at it with this kinda deal. I don't ever by watches on plans, but 0% over 24 months with no check? Too bad they only sell Citizen, Casio, and Bulova.
Nice. Good deal is always a plus! I think this watch worths every penny.

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
I little late, but I've apparently got one of the last few (my AD mentioned when I got mine his Citizen rep said there was only a couple left) given the day after I ordered mine the Citizen USA put it as sold out. That said, I got a good deal. I called my AD to ask if I could get it. I asked for 15%. He gave me 25% and a 0% payment plan for 24 months without a check. Granted, I had a relationship with this salesperson/AD manager. I bought my AR5014-04E from him, and in between he moved to a further away store and I hunted him down and essentially "gave" him this second sale when I could've gone to the old store, so there was a bit of "scratch my back, I scratch yours." Especially given that the stores usually sell watches no more than $600 MSRP, so my two are probably "prestige" sales for the stores. In fact I hunted him down specifically because I thought the "regular" store salespeople would just turn me away for asking about such an expensive watch. They sell jewelry too, but nothing all that expensive. I bet each watch I bought was probably the biggest purchase each year at those stores. So I wouldn't expect this kind of deal generally. I might give him a 0200 while I'm at it with this kinda deal. I don't ever by watches on plans, but 0% over 24 months with no check? Too bad they only sell Citizen, Casio, and Bulova.
Yeah, sounds like a nice confluence of factors...at this point, the store probably wanted it off their books. It was released about 18 months ago, so figure he might've had it for 9-12 months pretty easily. That's a long time to have that much tied up in a watch that's outside the usual wheelhouse...for the store, and generally. Wouldn't be surprised anyone couldn've had it for the 25% off; the no-down probably was something he was willing to do for you.

Always nice when you get lucky like this.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Yeah, sounds like a nice confluence of factors...at this point, the store probably wanted it off their books. It was released about 18 months ago, so figure he might've had it for 9-12 months pretty easily. That's a long time to have that much tied up in a watch that's outside the usual wheelhouse...for the store, and generally. Wouldn't be surprised anyone couldn've had it for the 25% off; the no-down probably was something he was willing to do for you.

Always nice when you get lucky like this.
No he doesn't have it. He had to order it from his Citizen rep. No way a watch like that would be in his store otherwise. That's why it's taking a while to get in.

·
Registered
185 Posts
3-31 edit: started browsing from page 1..., Gerald_D's post #371 on page 19 , the first instagram link (video), shows hour hand changes (time zone travel or DST) without stopping movement / second hand. And the second ig link:

How is DST adjusted?

I have a CITIZEN CTQ57-0955 Chronomaster and the hour hand only can be adjusted after the first click of the crown, which is very convenient. edit: this is done without stopping the second hand / movement, and without adjusting the minute hand.

·
Premium Member
2,151 Posts
I like Seiko lumebright and decided to compare it to my Citizen. The result was somewhat surprising to me. Here goes.

Citizen AQ6020-53X lume vs Seiko SBTM 159.

At around 7pm both under light to charge.

Seiko charges faster and going brighter

Here how they look at around 7:30pm The Seiko is brighter still.

But look at it at 8:50pm or so. Seiko started going dim while Citizen maintains visible lume for hours. Although not as bright as Seiko, but much more useful.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Where's the best place to get a titanium AQ6021-51E?
It's sold out. I think I grabbed one of the last ones. That said, sold out means sold out to Citizen. That doesn't mean there's not one sitting in some dealer waiting to be sold.

Reactions: ronalddheld

·
Premium Member
2,151 Posts
You have few options:
1. Contact Citizen USA and if they do not have the watch, they might direct you to a dealer.
2. Use a gray dealer and esp. in Japan (one way would be through Chrono24)
3. Watch for a private sale.

What's the best? I do not know. I bought my AQ6021-51E from Citizen USA and my AQ6020-53X from a dealer in Japan. In my experience the second purchase experience, packaging of the watch, updates, shipping, etc. were superior from the Japanese dealer vs Citizen USA. I had to pay customs on the deal from Japan, but it was well worth it and total cost for two watches was very similar.

Good luck!

·
Registered
288 Posts
The opening scene is truly filmed in a truly unique manner.

What a good presentation !
It is refreshing to see a watch-manufacturer focusing on technical excellence rather than brand image.

It tells you how they achieve 1 second per year
High frequency AT-cut xtal
Individual Calibration of the temperature-compensation curve for every watch
It tells you why the seconds-hand hits every minute
Super accurate gears
The whole design is focused on accurate time indication
No ugly date-window

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Supposedly going to be able to FINALLY pick up my AQ6021-51E this weekend. I swear if there's so much as a micrometer scuff on that box I'm going to get upset given how long it took them to make it. :p

·
Registered
105 Posts
Supposedly going to be able to FINALLY pick up my AQ6021-51E this weekend. I swear if there's so much as a micrometer scuff on that box I'm going to get upset given how long it took them to make it.
These pieces are so rare now, so getting it in any descent state is already very big luck. Congrats!

Reactions: watchcrank_tx

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
These pieces are so rare now, so getting it in any descent state is already very big luck. Congrats!
I bought mine from my AD at a ridiculous discount after he confirmed with his Citizen rep that they still had one (literally after he confirmed my watch the Citizen website said it was out of stock after a few days of saying there was a few left). But then Citizen said the box was not in "presentable" shape so they had to manufacture a new box. It's now 2 months and one day and I finally got word it would arrive at his store Friday, so I'll pick it up Saturday.

To be fair, at the discount he gave me (asked for 15%, gave me 25%, plus 24 months to pay it off with no background check or interest, plus extra links for free that I know I'll need as my wrist is 9.5 inches) two months is nothing.

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
To be fair, at the discount he gave me (asked for 15%, gave me 25%, plus 24 months to pay it off with no background check or interest, plus extra links for free that I know I'll need as my wrist is 9.5 inches) two months is nothing.
I'm hoping that the 20-30% deals people got on the 0100 extend to the very un-HAQ 0200, which is already shaping up to be a bargain for its finishing and movement. It would be a nice partner to the 0100, that's for sure.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
I'm hoping that the 20-30% deals people got on the 0100 extend to the very un-HAQ 0200, which is already shaping up to be a bargain for its finishing and movement. It would be a nice partner to the 0100, that's for sure.
I bet it will, especially since as of now the only 0200 that is LE is one of the ones for Japan only (big surprise there :rolleyes:). It will be interesting to see how much production Citizen puts behind it though, whether they put little production because they figure it won't sell or they put more given the 0100 sold (relatively) very fast compared to the Eco Drive One LE.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Finally here!

I'm up to 3 of these run of the mill department store Citizen things. 😜

Attachments

761 - 780 of 799 Posts