View attachment 15832474

I'm up to 3 of these run of the mill department store Citizen things. 😜

View attachment 15832476

Congrats! We need a pic of that box :)

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Congrats! We need a pic of that box :)
Here. It's nothing special sadly. The Eco Drive One was much better. Looked like a wooden box that holds a really expensive bottle of wine and the watch was put in a slit in a foam brick.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
At least they spent their effort to deliver as supposed to. The watch looks awesome!
True. At least they didn't put it in the usual cylinder!

I do wish they did a bit more fun with it. I don't know, maybe have a cheap atomic clock to prove its accuracy? The Eco Drive One LE had a pretty fun box, keeping the watch in a slit, I was hoping for something interesting.

·
Premium Member
2,151 Posts
True. At least they didn't put it in the usual cylinder!

I do wish they did a bit more fun with it. I don't know, maybe have a cheap atomic clock to prove its accuracy? The Eco Drive One LE had a pretty fun box, keeping the watch in a slit, I was hoping for something interesting.
A while back if you ordered your 0100 through Citizen USA you would get a free solar charger..

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
A while back if you ordered your 0100 through Citizen USA you would get a free solar charger..
Well, given the thousands I saved from not going through Citizen USA, I think I'll be okay missing out on that swag. 😜

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Obligatory lume shot, not that anyone bought this for lume.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I like Seiko lumebright and decided to compare it to my Citizen. The result was somewhat surprising to me. Here goes.

Citizen AQ6020-53X lume vs Seiko SBTM 159.

At around 7pm both under light to charge.

Seiko charges faster and going brighter

Here how they look at around 7:30pm The Seiko is brighter still.

But look at it at 8:50pm or so. Seiko started going dim while Citizen maintains visible lume for hours. Although not as bright as Seiko, but much more useful.
Would be a better comparison with a GS lumed sport watch that incorporates Seiko's best lume. Like the Anti-magnetic or early Astron SSH stainless models.

The Solar and lower end models have lower grade Seiko lume which pales in comparison to higher spec lumibrite. I've got the lowly Seiko Arnie and I've the SLA033 and they are worlds apart. The King Turtle is much closer, but still the lesser.

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
How are you guys liking the AQ6021-51E's band?
I really like it. The links are short, so I was able to get a good fit. Because they are short, the bracelet conforms to the wrist well. Because both bracelet and watch are light, I am able to wear it slightly loose when my wrist contracts without it sliding around much, so I didn't have to compromise with a fit that was a little tight when my wrist is at its maximum, as I have to do with many watches which lack on--the-fly adjustability.

Plus it looks great IMO and suits the look of the watch. I'll probably try it on leather someday, but I've not been tempted to yet.

(Edited to restore quote I had somehow butchered.)

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
How are you guys liking the AQ6021-51E's band?
It's great. It conforms to contures well and airs well. As you can see below, each "square" allows some breathing room. It's not as bothersome as other Ti watches too as the bracelet and watch are already slight, so the difference in weight is less pronounced.

Reactions: Chaos_meme and D50

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought mine from my AD at a ridiculous discount after he confirmed with his Citizen rep that they still had one (literally after he confirmed my watch the Citizen website said it was out of stock after a few days of saying there was a few left). But then Citizen said the box was not in "presentable" shape so they had to manufacture a new box. It's now 2 months and one day and I finally got word it would arrive at his store Friday, so I'll pick it up Saturday.

To be fair, at the discount he gave me (asked for 15%, gave me 25%, plus 24 months to pay it off with no background check or interest, plus extra links for free that I know I'll need as my wrist is 9.5 inches) two months is nothing.
Hi, I messaged you a short while ago about getting another one from your AD, if possible. Thanks for taking a look!

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
For those in the US, Little Treasury in Maryland have two examples of the AQ6021-51E in stock, which I learned when inquiring after another watch. Citizen's US website also shows it as addable to the cart, with a cart option of increasing quantity to five, though I'm unsure how much to credit that as the number available. (I seem to recall it having shown as unavailable for a few months even on Citizenwatch.com, so it seems Citizen found a few more.) There are also a few supposedly new being offered out of Japan. I do expect these are the last of the last of the Ti LEs.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
For those in the US, Little Treasury in Maryland have two examples of the AQ6021-51E in stock, which I learned when inquiring after another watch. Citizen's US website also shows it as addable to the cart, with a cart option of increasing quantity to five, though I'm unsure how much to credit that as the number available. (I seem to recall it having shown as unavailable for a few months even on Citizenwatch.com, so it seems Citizen found a few more.) There are also a few supposedly new being offered out of Japan. I do expect these are the last of the last of the Ti LEs.
Well that's lucky for some. I know the AR5014-04E took a really long time to sell out, so maybe this one will have stragglers too.

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
Well that's lucky for some. I know the AR5014-04E took a really long time to sell out, so maybe this one will have stragglers too.
It's the third wave from what I can tell, each wave smaller than the last. I thought the last one was the last one, so maybe I shouldn't be making predictions. 🤣

·
Registered
4 Posts
I finally bought one from the Citizen store in Manhattan at a discount I’m very happy with. It should arrive in the next 2-3 days :)

The quantity of five I was able to independently confirm as well, from exchanging emails with a regional sales manager whom I was in touch with about a different watch from the Citizen group, although he wasn’t able to offer a discount.

This being said, the Manhattan store also has two other Caliber 0100 JDM watches in stainless steel available: the AQ6100-56L (blue starry dial) and the AQ6021-51E (white dial). These are both listed as sold out on the Citizen JP website. The specs are slightly different from the Ti LE, so if you or someone you know is looking for any of these watches, tell them to call the Times Square Citizen store and ask for Eric.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I finally bought one from the Citizen store in Manhattan at a discount I’m very happy with. It should arrive in the next 2-3 days :)

The quantity of five I was able to independently confirm as well, from exchanging emails with a regional sales manager whom I was in touch with about a different watch from the Citizen group, although he wasn’t able to offer a discount.

This being said, the Manhattan store also has two other Caliber 0100 JDM watches in stainless steel available: the AQ6100-56L (blue starry dial) and the AQ6021-51E (white dial). These are both listed as sold out on the Citizen JP website. The specs are slightly different from the Ti LE, so if you or someone you know is looking for any of these watches, tell them to call the Times Square Citizen store and ask for Eric.
Ooh, I'd like to see this watch in person. I wonder how substantial the discount is. Still, out of my range but dare to dream...

781 - 799 of 799 Posts