WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was searching for slava on the web....

It was discussed in the forum that there are cjiaba made with and assemble in China, and I was not taken that seriously as it was pretty straight forward that it was just a pretender.

However for some unaware fellows watch lover, I saw some Ex-USSR country bay seller offering CJIABA as New Slava, and claim as Russian made...
that is pathetic, to me it was like selling a fake to someone who is looking for a real one...

I have to admit that the new CJIABA design look nice, I may want to purchase one for the sake of it design and not for "buying a Russian" and I'm a well buying it from Hong Kong, faster and cheaper.

These are just my OWN opinion, and it may be incorrect.... or absolutely not right...

·
Registered
859 Posts
It DOES look nice, except:

Crown looks like something Vostok would reject.
I know it's not technically incorrect, but I like the number 4 to be written as "IV" and not "IIII".
It's funny to me that there is so much Cyrillic writing on the dial, but they put "Automatic" in English. Sheesh.

I'd not pay more than $10 for it. Including shipping.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suspect it would be Asian..... not sure which movement, as it was stated "Swiss Movement" in those post you may find from Hong Kong's sellers.

If you seeing it from another perspective... say if you are looking into Asian movement, and would like a good design.... and don't mind the brand or something.... you may like it.

If I had zero idea of what a Russian watch would be, (at least I have 1 micrometer of sense now thanks to WUS) it might think of it as Russian, OEM in China, but assembly in Ex-USSR countries, as I was in OEM business, and know some of the trade. :-x

IMHO, I would consider it as fake...

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,629 Posts
It has been told thousands of times this is chinese and this has nothing to do with Slava (Clava) or any soviet/russian watches!!
Exactly!

If I had the time, I'd seach all the old threads, gather the evidence and create a sticky, just to save the question being asked again.

In short; the Slava brand seems to have been obtained deceptively by a Hong Kong company making watches entirely with Chinese parts. These watches are marked in Russian, claim 'made in Russia' and sold in Russia to Russians and tourists, but they have absolutely no Russian content.

Slava Sozvezdie are among the 'bottom feeders' of the Chinese watch industry, so there is absolutely no guarantee of quality. The cases, dials, movements change continuously; whatever they can source cheapest. If you get a good one, there's no certainty that the next one will be anything like it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
opps.... Sorry....
I know it may kinda boring to repeat the same thing again and again and again............and now again
My apology. :oops:

As a newbies, I was so intimidated of this...
When you see it offered by a HongKies... you know it "may be" Made in China.
But when you see it offered by a seller from ex-USSR, a newbies may actually though that it "may be" a Russian watches.

·
Registered
806 Posts
opps.... Sorry....
Don't worry too much, they're not angry with you. :-d

We're just a bit depressed by the 'modern' Slavas which claim to be Russian, but have nothing to do with Russia or the USSR. They pop up often.
Preying on people's lack of knowledge is detestable. I'm sure there are many buyers out there who have paid for a 'Slava' watch and were later disappointed to discover the truth.

The really sad thing is that these kinds of fakes and/or 'fantasy' watches influence the way people view the Chinese watch industry as a whole.
China produces some fantastic watches, but the rest of the world sees only the fake Rolexes and novelty waving Mao watches.

·
19,629 Posts
The Chinese Watch Industry Wiki is a project that I have been involved with for a while. This thread has prompted me to add a Slava Sozvezdie page to the wiki:

http://www.tractionink.com/watch_wiki/index.php?title=Slava_Sozvezdie

Like Watchuseek, the wiki tends to score well on Google, so hopefully this will dispell some of the confusion.

·
Registered
575 Posts
The Chinese Watch Industry Wiki is a project that I have been involved with for a while. This thread has prompted me to add a Slava Sozvezdie page to the wiki:

http://www.tractionink.com/watch_wiki/index.php?title=Slava_Sozvezdie

Like Watchuseek, the wiki tends to score well on Google, so hopefully this will dispell some of the confusion.
Thanks for this. The Slava Sozvezdie article is most informative and explains how these pseudo-Russians came into existence.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wowwww.......
I didn't know that I created such a huge ripple...........

Now I'm really afraid.... that those seller would hire a mafia against me.:-x

joke aside,

Dear Mr. Chascomm,
Your knowledge, as always is great.... sincerely thanks you for that.

·
19,629 Posts
wowwww.......
I didn't know that I created such a huge ripple...........

Now I'm really afraid.... that those seller would hire a mafia against me.:-x

joke aside,

Dear Mr. Chascomm,
Your knowledge, as always is great.... sincerely thanks you for that.
Never mind the mafiya. I was one of the first to blow the whistle on 'Made in USSR' reproduction Raketas about 7 years ago, and I'm still here. :-d

1 - 15 of 15 Posts