WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys..

I have a Diver Small Seconds Date with a Stainless Steel Bracelet. If you want the Oris Rubber Strap, do you just order the Rubber Strap and swap out the clasp?????
Or do you have to order/or have the Clasp for a Rubber Strap?

Basically, is the Clasp on the SS Bracelet and the Rubber Strap the exact same?

Will

·
Premium Member
71,197 Posts
If I'm honest I never considered changing the strap and keeping the clasp but I think (and it is only think) that the two are different. If you source the strap from an AD it will come complete with clasp though I do believe that it is possible to source just the rubber bits on the Bay. I stand to be corrected on both the clasp business and the Bay thing.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Stick,

You are right about the Oris rubber only sales on the "bay". They run around 154.00 or so depending on the seller. They do not have a clasp with them.

I was quoted a price of 285.00 (USD) from a popular forum that specializes in ORIS and ORIS accessories. :) BUT DAMN... 285.00 for a rubber strap? Seriously!? :think:

SO... that is what has prompted my question.

Will

If I'm honest I never considered changing the strap and keeping the clasp but I think (and it is only think) that the two are different. If you source the strap from an AD it will come complete with clasp though I do believe that it is possible to source just the rubber bits on the Bay. I stand to be corrected on both the clasp business and the Bay thing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The prices for the rubber strap are pretty pricy, but i got an aftermarket rubber strap for around 20$ on ebay. The strap fitted perfect but the clasp wasnt that good so i ordered an other clasp that hopefully will be better.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
I was quoted a price of 285.00 (USD) from a popular forum that specializes in ORIS and ORIS accessories. :) BUT DAMN... 285.00 for a rubber strap? Seriously!? :think:
i was quoted around $385, if I recall, by my AD for the rubber only (no clasp). The best price I found was from Jambor Jewelers (a WUS sponsor). They were even lower than what I could find on eBay. Oris pricing in North America should be termed "Rape and Pillage". By comparison, my AD's price for an OEM rubber strap (no clasp) for my Breitling Superocean Heritage, was only $75.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts