WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a hankering for the Ball Classic II w/white dial. It seems to me either Classic is an awesome buy considering there is a 2892 ticking away in them. Any owners have pics or impressisions of theirs with a white dial? I love those wide indices...
Thanks in advance!!

Al

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Hi Al,

Welcome to the Ball Watch Company Forum! :-!

The Engineer Hydrocarbon Classic II is an awesome watch, and worthy of your hankerin'! ;-)

I'm glad that Rob posted up some pics of his EH Classic II for your enjoyment(thanks, Rob!), as well as a link to Captobvious' pics. I hope that other Hydrocarbon Classic owners will join in with their impressions to help out.

Glad to have you with us, Al! :-!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pics? Sure:

Blued hands visible here:

My impression is that it's beautiful, but too small for me at 40mm. That's why I wear this 43mm Alligator now:

And you can't afford to miss Captobvious's stunning pics of the white EH Classic II here:
https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=89601

Rob

Rob, thanks for the great pics! I tried Captobvious's thread, and the pics did not appear. I know sometimes they don't so I'll try again later...
I tried on the Engineer Classic II black dial on Saturday at a Philly AD, and I loved it a ton, however I thought it lacked legibility. The white dial on the other hand...sweet!!:-!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Al,

Welcome to the Ball Watch Company Forum! :-!

The Engineer Hydrocarbon Classic II is an awesome watch, and worthy of your hankerin'! ;-)

I'm glad that Rob posted up some pics of his EH Classic II for your enjoyment(thanks, Rob!), as well as a link to Captobvious' pics. I hope that other Hydrocarbon Classic owners will join in with their impressions to help out.

Glad to have you with us, Al! :-!
Thanks, Geoff. I'm really intrigued as to how accurate the 2892 is versus the 2836 found in some other Ball models. I imagine their are Ball fans who have watches with both movements in their respective watches...
It was a tough call at the AD. He carries Doxa, Ball, Kobold, and others all of which I'd never seen in person before. I'm torn between a Doxa and the Engineer Classic II :think:. What troubles I've got...b-)

Al

1 - 5 of 5 Posts