WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first generation "classic" orange monster was stolen about a year ago. I know that it's been discontinued and replaced by the second-generation monster (not as good-looking as the first gen monster, I think), and the price of the original has more than tripled. On Amazon it's selling for over $700. Is this what will happen once the current SKXs are discontinued? Disturbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Sucks that your Monster was stolen. Keep your eyes on the sales forum, they appear frequently in excellent condition for much less. I know, I just got a beautiful like new one there!

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
There is a pretty mint one for sale right now on the forum for $150. Great watch, never getting rid of mine.

·
Registered
440 Posts
That is ridiculous and maybe the new generation will get expensive when it gets replaced, sucks that your watch was stolen, but you will get an opportunity to buy another at a better price if you watch and wait im sure

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Condolences on the loss of your beloved Orange Monster. I too much prefer the original. Actually did a quick search the other day also after a post that triggered a moment of nostalgia. I was shocked at the prices. The newer models don't feel the same.

Good luck!

RD

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
That seller is just another idiot from the Far East trying to take advantage of unknowing buyers.Look at the prices of some of the LE's on Ebay...You can get the original OM for $200.00 or Less if you shop around...

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
At first I wasn't a fan of the sec gen fangs but I've grown to love it, the hacking + hand winding is just so much more convenient for me to keep the watch running + keep it accurate.

Kinda sad but the only watch left from this pic is the Black OM. They just didn't get enough wrist time.

MF4.jpg

·
Registered
242 Posts
I liked the original Monster and had 2 of them- black and orange. I don't get along well with the 7s26 movement so I ended up replacing my monsters with an orange sumo and black sumo.

Seiko watches sell for a very wide price range depending on where you buy so it pays to find the better places to buy.

·
Registered
192 Posts
That sucks that someone stole it, I purchased my orange monster off WUS forums for like 130$, then I wanted the newer version and scored that one for 130$ also just keep a eye out there always popping up.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts