WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
I was avoiding getting into this discussion, but I see things differently and I wanted to express my opinion;
Maybe Ginault started as counter-fit manufacturer, but they have straighten up and started producing their own watch; we can't really judge them for the past productions, which we don't have prove for anyways. The watch in hand is not a replica or a counterfit afterall;
For example some of us specially the modders have ordered items from Ken, he is known for his falsely branded items, but as well as the sterile items; so I think using your sense we will not be allowed to post pictures of our own builds if we have used, for example hands from Ken; although there is no hint for a branding there.
The other claim about hand built in America, I don't see a problem here, it is likely to be true.
The main concern is the "Made in USA" claim, it is very likely to be untrue keeping in mind the regulations, but they have mentioned that they will update their case back if mandated to do so, not sure if this will ever happen though;
So for now, I really don't see a real problem, except the "Made in USA" claim; so be it; for WUS this issue is strictly between Ginault and the authorities; until proved to be a false claim, then they might take an action
That's my 2 cents, and I hope I didn't offend anyone.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
I'm a keen follower for your posts here and on Instagram, and we share the same passion, so I'm not worried about you getting offended, I meant other members that I don't know.
I'll tell you my philosophy, I come here escaping form real life and politics, enjoying nice watches, reviews pics and so on.
To me this ocean rover is a nicely done watch, I confess that I might get one, scrap the dial, hands and movement and place my own stuff in there; to me the case, and bracelet alone verifies the discounted price; or maybe keep it as is, I'm not american after all so I don't know the "Made in USA" regulations.... LOL

1 - 4 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.