WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
7361 - 7369 of 7369 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I have quite a few divers to compare the ginault to and I have to say that the quality is up there for top spot in terms of fit and finish.

I wasn't initially on board with paying the higher price for an "homage" for quite a while. I would watch videos comparing the ginault to other well known brands and micros. It always stood up quite well.

I had been looking for a blue dialed diver to add to the collection and was set on picking up a halios fairwind in blue with 60 min bezel. I've gone through 5 or 6 seaforths over time and really loved that style more than the fairwind. Unfortunately the SF doesn't come with a bracelet and even though I had a ginault bracelet to put it on, it never quite fit the way I wanted it to. I ultimately decided on the fairwind instead.

I'm also a fan of no date watches. A 5 digit no date sub is my grail. I recently saw a blue bezel ORII pop up for sale and though that it looked awesome and would fit exactly what I was looking for. That one sold within a day. Another one happened to pop up on Reddit and after some back and forth with the seller, I had a blue bezel no date ORII.

It has quickly become one of the favorites in a rotation of 6 (some well liked divers to compete with as well). We shall see if it sticks around but so far the honeymoon period is quite strong.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have quite a few divers to compare the ginault to and I have to say that the quality is up there for top spot in terms of fit and finish.

I wasn't initially on board with paying the higher price for an "homage" for quite a while. I would watch videos comparing the ginault to other well known brands and micros. It always stood up quite well.

I had been looking for a blue dialed diver to add to the collection and was set on picking up a halios fairwind in blue with 60 min bezel. I've gone through 5 or 6 seaforths over time and really loved that style more than the fairwind. Unfortunately the SF doesn't come with a bracelet and even though I had a ginault bracelet to put it on, it never quite fit the way I wanted it to. I ultimately decided on the fairwind instead.

I'm also a fan of no date watches. A 5 digit no date sub is my grail. I recently saw a blue bezel ORII pop up for sale and though that it looked awesome and would fit exactly what I was looking for. That one sold within a day. Another one happened to pop up on Reddit and after some back and forth with the seller, I had a blue bezel no date ORII.

It has quickly become one of the favorites in a rotation of 6 (some well liked divers to compete with as well). We shall see if it sticks around but so far the honeymoon period is quite strong.
Ha....I bought a no date blue ceramic as well....very nice piece. I'm currently waiting for a custom strap to switch out for summer. And then I went a bought another no date OR2 back ceramic.....needless to say, it will be an all ceramic summer !!!!

·
Premium Member
5,349 Posts
These are beautiful. Never should have sold my OR1, especially at the new product launch price. Uhhggg

You all paying full pop for these? Well maybe LAR isn’t 😉 Seems like slim pickings of the OR’s now 🤔

Enjoy your Ginault’s!!!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Just put my OR1 on the bracelet for the first time since I got it in 2018. Its like falling in love all over again. Holding up well even though the OR1 is my daily wear is testimony to the build quality and craftsmanship. No complaints whatsoever, except maybe feeling guilty for not wearing my JLC more often.

7361 - 7369 of 7369 Posts