WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So how many of you folks bought a new or used Seiko diver with drilled lugs (Turtle, Sumo, Samurai, Monster, Tuna or any other Seiko diver with drilled lugs) and you go to put it on and you hear this clicking noise when you tighten the strap or close the clasp? Then you keep hearing a clicking sound or feel the bracelet or strap move at the lugs when you flex your hand or move your wrist around?

You may think that the spring bars are defective so you try another pair and it does the same thing. Now you are worried because, you are afraid the lug holes are damaged and the clicking is annoying.

Well the lug holes are fine. Seiko just made the spring bar a bit too small at the tip part so it moves around. The Seiko spring bar has a tip size of 1.1mm diameter and is a bit too short so it does not go deep into the lug hole. This causes the clicking sound because the spring bar moves around under pressure.

The lug holes are actually 1.2mm in diameter.

The good news is that you can get a 1.2mm fat spring bar for use with your diver. Many places online sell them.

These come in 20mm and 22mm sizes

They are the same thickness as the OEM ones so they work fine with the bracelets

I got a few sets from Toxic Nato and they work very well. They are also a bit longer so the spring bar tip goes deeper into the lug hole to give a better fit. This eliminates the annoying click and actually strengthens the spring bar. You are not going to accidentally pop the spring bar off if the watch gets snagged on your coat. They also will take more abuse before bending or breaking.

Here are a few shots of the new and old bars. The new 1.2mm tipped bars will have a bit of a tight fit while trying to install but they will fit in easy enough.

The new spring bars are a bit longer then the OEM original ones

The last pic shows a pic of my Samurai with the new bars installed. As you can see, the new spring bars are closer to the outside hole in the lug then the old OEM ones but don't stick out the hole.

The Toxic Nato ones were a bit pricey if you bought just a pair of them on their own (shipping wise) but if you bought them with other things then it is all good. If you buy a bunch of them (if you have several divers with this issue) then the shipping is not too bad. There are also other places to get them.

Now if you have this problem with a non drilled lug diver (like a SKX007) then you are out of luck as these will not work

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Great info, I'm a devout "click" hater when it comes to those Seiko fat spring bars, and until now could never quite figure a proper remedy - thanks!

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great info, I'm a devout "click" hater when it comes to those Seiko fat spring bars, and until now could never quite figure a proper remedy - thanks!
This will cure your clicking ills as long as you got drilled lugs. However if you don't have drilled lugs then you are still going to be stuck with clicking spring bars unless you can find some spring bars that will work on your watch.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Good tip but I'd recommend if you have more than 1 watch, that you instead buy the bars that have shoulders on them. These are great for watches with holes, but if you ever accidentally put them on a no-holes case, you'll have a HELL of a time getting them off due to it not having shoulders for a tool to perch onto. I believe Toxic also sells ones with shoulders, I have a few.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These are vey expensive to ship to the UK from Toxic Nato unfortunately
Well there are other places to get them. All you need to make sure is that you get spring bars that fat(like the Seiko divers one) and that it has 1.2mm tip diameter and you are all good. I got the ones for my Seiko Orange Monster a few years ago from a Aussie seller called twent(o) and they were good also

·
Premium Member
62,984 Posts
I’m lucky I guess in never having suffered from “the click” bust it’s good to know that there’s a solution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts