WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
I can not see what watch it is, but the movie is one of the better ones made in Hollywood!
Awesome actor and film maker, Mr Eastwood is!

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
It looks to be a fairly common design - round, gold, date, simple thin batons and hands. I think the nearest I own is a Certina Certidate.

Attachments

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,028 Posts
Al I can say is that in Brunner/Pfeiffer-Belli's book "Wristwatches", there is a picture of a very young Clint Eastwood (not necessarily from a movie - no caption!) wearing what looks like a JLC Reverso. In the same book, Rowan Atkinson seems to be attached to a Ulysse Nardin (or the other way round).

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I still can not see any of the posted pictures. But keeping in mind the character portrayed by Eastwood in this movie, I think it must have been a domestic (US) brand, maybe an older Hamilton or Elgin. Just look at his opinion about imported cars.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Yep, could be any brand. Omega, Longines, Eterna.... many manufacturers had a similar design in their line-up at least once in their history.
And a design we both like, eh?

I just got a Diwen very similar to this, I know it's nothing special, but it's a beauty, NOS and a healthy 38mm across. Will post good pics of mine in vintage when I take them

Attachments

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I still can not see any of the posted pictures. But keeping in mind the character portrayed by Eastwood in this movie, I think it must have been a domestic (US) brand, maybe an older Hamilton or Elgin. Just look at his opinion about imported cars.
Unless it's a Bulova Accutron, it would likely be Swiss made, the watch has a date window, except, for the Accutron, I can't think of an American made watch with a date window. I will freely admit I don't know much about Hamiltons.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
The character in the movie would have been a lot like my dad. His watches needed to be by, Hamilton, Waltham or Elgin. They were the watches to buy because they were the great railroad watches.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts