WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I saw that Dr. Millar is speaking at the Cussler convention in Charleston, SC. Is anyone else planning to go to this?

Chris

·
Registered
11,826 Posts
Re: Clive Cussler Convention

Wanted to.... only make it if my nephew decides to jilt his Fiance :-d (wedding is that Sat. night).

Oh well.....

·
Registered
1,005 Posts

It's killing me not to go this year. I went to the 2005 Convention in Denver and it was an absolute blast! I couldn't go last year in Scottsdale and I feel like I really missed out. This year's is going to be huge. Clive and Dirk Cussler will be there. So will Paul Kemprecos and Jack Du Brul. And, of course, Dr. Pete Millar!!!!!!!!!!

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts

I am going to try to go.....What were those dates again??

·
Premium Member
5,732 Posts

I'd go if Charleston wasn't so far away. It would be great to meet Doc. Pete and maybe give ol' Clive a hand shake.:-!

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
I thought a bunch of guys were going to show up with...

a copy of a hugh orange book and a pen? Clive will be confused as he's used to being the guy signing things :)
I met Clive earlier this year at a book signing here in Socal for Navigator. Just finished the book last week: no DP and his orange faced diver but the book was still good.
DW

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Clive Cussler Convention

I am going to try to go.....What were those dates again??

Same question here ... Charleston isn't that far from me .......

If I go, should I take a Seiko? :-d Kidding, just kidding! Of course the 750T Pro will make the trip ......

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Clive Cussler Convention

Thank you Chris for taking a moment .... I'll be riding the bike to this one. Back-roads most of the way ... it'll be a blast. :-!

·
Registered
2,989 Posts

Guys, I looking forward to the Cussler Convention immensely. It will be tremendous to meet "Uncle Clive" and present him with a signed first edition of my book.
:-! After collecting signed first editions of his for years, you have no idea how big a kicker this will be for me. I'm also looking forward to meeting some of the people who made the book possible and have been my friends on here for years.

I'll be giving a presentation on the history of the Doxa SUB (I've included a couple of slides as a taster) and of course I'll be wearing the Conquistador.

I'm also donating a couple of books for the auction and a copy of the Divingstar art from the book signed by the artist. I thought I had one of Cussler but can't find it.

See ya there

Pete

·
Registered
1,005 Posts

Pete, I'm making an educated guess here but...when you give your presentation, there will probably be more people wearing Doxa watches in one gathering than pretty much ever before. That would be worthy of a photograph to preserve the moment. I would love to see a pic of everybody around Cussler with their wrists held up!

And I think you should have someone arrange a pic of you giving a signed copy of your awesome book to Cussler, perhaps as he passes you a signed copy of "The Navigator" to you.

Wayne Valero would probably be more than happy to do this for you.

-Steve

·
Registered
905 Posts

Hi Chris ... I'll be there keeping an eye on Pete!!!!! hahahaha

John M.

·
Registered
349 Posts

I would LOVE to go to this. We go (home to SC) to Charleston several times a year (even last week where the Bull Shark was at my feet!), and I will make every effort to go see this. I've been trying to see the Hunley for the last few visits, but I keep getting derailed with other competing priorities!

This is good info!

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts

I think I have everything arranged to be able to go

Any watches in particular that I should bring?? I plan on bringing the Aubry case 300T Pro, The Synchron USD 300T Pro, and of course the POSEIDON...........Anything Else??

·
Registered
905 Posts

I think I have everything arranged to be able to go

Any watches in particular that I should bring?? I plan on bringing the Aubry case 300T Pro, The Synchron USD 300T Pro, and of course the POSEIDON...........Anything Else??
Hi Jason ... Last year it really wasn't centered around watches ... the only watches that were brought up are the Pro ... so please bring that. We did have a group picture of the watches minus Clive.

The small watch is a Nymph ... just can't see the dial :-(
John

·
Registered
905 Posts

I get a feeling there just may be a few more in that photo this year John:-!

Pete
Yep I think you're right on that one Pete ... going to be a great convention this year!!! Looking forward to meeting a few folks from the forum ... Kathy will have the Nymph with her again .... because I can not get a "New" Ladies Doxa for her .... Thank You Pete.

John M

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Sounds like there is going to be a big turnout of Doxa's there. We will have to try to get Clive in the next photo. I'm going to try to get there also but I have get that weekend off first.
Chris

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts

It is official. I just booked my room and paid for my ticket this morning. I look forward to meeting and seeing everyone that is going. Pete, I hope to make it to your presentation, but I will be leaving sometime Friday and I plan to be there Friday afternoon/evening.

I will be bringing several of my watches..........;-)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts